The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RODIN waived

darkpoet

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

I think everybody was blindsided by Tryamkin's defection.  Look, he bought in to the conditioning that was asked of him.  He bought in to the diet that he needed to eat because he understood that he needed to drop a few pounds and be more mobile.  There was total buy in and he was showing great potential and improvement and he signed with his old club in Russia without the Canucks knowing that he was unhappy.  Eff him.  the Canucks will be better off if his heart isn't really in it.  They haven't closed the door but I have.  I have no expectation that he'll be back.  There are lots of reasons why certain players don't make it in the NHL.  It's not always talent.   He could have been the next Chara.  Not happening now that he's back to stuffing down perogies.  Whatever.  

Sounds mostly like Tryamkin thought  Willie D treated him unfairly.  Sounds like Tryamkin thought the ice time was given out on reputation and not on merit. 

Glad to see Willie D gone and i am really optimistic Travis G is going to do a  much better job with our club in terms of developing younger players / keep younger players confidence levels solid. 

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sounds mostly like Tryamkin thought  Willie D treated him unfairly.  Sounds like Tryamkin thought the ice time was given out on reputation and not on merit. 

Glad to see Willie D gone and i am really optimistic Travis G is going to do a  much better job with our club in terms of developing younger players / keep younger players confidence levels solid. 

Tryank was our best defenceman towards the end of last year, and it wasn't even close. 

I'm sure someone will pull out some chart that shows "advanced" this or that BS, but he drove play and he drove it hard. That kid got the puck on his stick and he was gone gangbusters towards the other end of the ice. Not to mention swatting really big guys aside like they were toys in a dollhouse. 

You wanna talk about McFartso in Deadmonton going 40mph? How about McRussia weighing 250 lbs going that fast?

They blew the pooch on him BIG TIME. What I hope is that him (and Larionov) see that we now have a coach who knows his arse from a hole in the beach and will give a guy like him every opportunity to come here and kick some ass. That's why he left. He was kicking ass, and then instead of being rewarded for it, he got his ass kicked.

#MAJORFAIL

3 minutes ago, ArkDepot said:

Tryank was our best defenceman towards the end of last year, and it wasn't even close. 

I'm sure someone will pull out some chart that shows "advanced" this or that BS, but he drove play and he drove it hard. That kid got the puck on his stick and he was gone gangbusters towards the other end of the ice. Not to mention swatting really big guys aside like they were toys in a dollhouse. 

You wanna talk about McFartso in Deadmonton going 40mph? How about McRussia weighing 250 lbs going that fast?

They blew the pooch on him BIG TIME. What I hope is that him (and Larionov) see that we now have a coach who knows his arse from a hole in the beach and will give a guy like him every opportunity to come here and kick some ass. That's why he left. He was kicking ass, and then instead of being rewarded for it, he got his ass kicked.

#MAJORFAIL

Relax tiger. Tryamkin left because of Willie's ineptitude as a coach, and because his wife was homesick, and so was he. 

Nothing to do with the city, fans, or Canucks management. 

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Relax tiger. Tryamkin left because of Willie's ineptitude as a coach, and because his wife was homesick, and so was he. 

Rarrrrr.......! We're kind of saying the same things here bud

The former has everything to do with the latter.

If he wouldn't have been punished for doing what he was best at, he would have likely stayed here, and become a big part of this emerging core. 

and not that it matters much, but he didn't get married until he was back in the Motherland .

1 hour ago, ArkDepot said:

If he wouldn't have been punished for doing what he was best at, he would have likely stayed here, and become a big part of this emerging core. 

and not that it matters much, but he didn't get married until he was back in the Motherland .

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, ArkDepot said:

#MAJORFAIL

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Just to point out the timeline: Desjardins was fired on April 10. Tryamkin announced his return to Russia on April 20. Green was hired on April 26th.

When he made his announcement, Tryamkin already knew that Desjardins was gone. He also had ample opportunity to find out who was going to be the Canucks next coach. There was no hurry for him to make an announcement regarding this season for another three months. He had already made a choice and was already out the door.

Tryamkin could have decided to stay in the NHL with the Canucks. He could have asked for a trade if he was unhappy here, whether it was just with the coach (there were complaints regarding his TOI, but his shifts per game seem to be fairly constant), the organization, the city, the country or whatever. Instead, he opted to return to Russia for family reasons, while expressing his dissatisfaction regarding his experience in Vancouver. 

Not everyone wants to play in Vancouver, and not everyone wants to play in the NHL. That's cool, and I hope he does well back home and gets all the ice time he earns. Maybe he comes back here one day, maybe not. 

On the other hand, how about that Rodin kid? He tries his darndest to make the NHL, and when things don't go his way and he has an opportunity to go back home, he agrees to go play in the AHL in hopes that it will get him to the NHL.

5 hours ago, ArkDepot said:

Yeah, but they were already engaged, and the date had already be set, no? 

regards,  G.

51 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Just to point out the timeline: Desjardins was fired on April 10. Tryamkin announced his return to Russia on April 20. Green was hired on April 26th.

When he made his announcement, Tryamkin already knew that Desjardins was gone. He also had ample opportunity to find out who was going to be the Canucks next coach. There was no hurry for him to make an announcement regarding this season for another three months. He had already made a choice and was already out the door.

Tryamkin could have decided to stay in the NHL with the Canucks. He could have asked for a trade if he was unhappy here, whether it was just with the coach (there were complaints regarding his TOI, but his shifts per game seem to be fairly constant), the organization, the city, the country or whatever. Instead, he opted to return to Russia for family reasons, while expressing his dissatisfaction regarding his experience in Vancouver. 

Not everyone wants to play in Vancouver, and not everyone wants to play in the NHL. That's cool, and I hope he does well back home and gets all the ice time he earns. Maybe he comes back here one day, maybe not. 

On the other hand, how about that Rodin kid? He tries his darndest to make the NHL, and when things don't go his way and he has an opportunity to go back home, he agrees to go play in the AHL in hopes that it will get him to the NHL.

Yeah, but they were already engaged, and the date had already be set, no? 

regards,  G.

Great context! +++

11 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Not the best communicator.  Willies decisions on ice time etc are one thing but players need to understand why.  I imagine this is one of the reasons why Willie lost his job.

This is one of the puddles that Green has to watch out for.  I think we get that he's going to mix things up and give him a pass at this point for his choices because he's getting to know his players.   

On 10/7/2017 at 3:08 PM, Alflives said:

I thought he already played a preseason game with Utica?

He was/is skating with the Thunderbirds at UBC until his VISA gets sorted out.

That was supposed to happen this week...........

edit: he was supposed to join the Comets in Toronto yesterday (VISA done)

On Friday, October 06, 2017 at 8:20 PM, Gollumpus said:

I am curious (and serious), just how would you have approached Tryamkin's situation differently such that he would still be here?

regards,  G.

I would have started negotiations with a physical fitness requirement before he ever arrived and if he said no then, no deal.  If  it was a yes and passed then have him train with a ex nhl'r defense star and then into a roster spot at 8th D and let him earn his way up...

if someone isn't willing to put in time training with a pro every day or every second day, not in utica like he didn't then he shouldn't have been on the ice in the place of someone who was already being worked in the system who could have used the experience but at any rate there went more toughness :(

Archived