The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RODIN waived

darkpoet

How many more excuses can this fan base make for a 27 year old who can't crack the roster? I know as Canuck fans were supposed to champion the underdog and throw our starting goalie or top 6 forwards under the bus... but maybe there's a good reason Rodin still can't crack an NHL lineup on the wrong side of his 20's? Like, how about (spoiler alert) he isn't good enough? Time to move on from Shinkaruk. I mean Santala. I mean Schroeder. I mean Hodgson. I mean Rodin. Sorry bout that.

This is the advantage of bringing in so much forward depth in the off-season, you play everyone and they decide what makes up the roster. If Jake or even Archibald make the roster they'll have deserved it and we'll have a better team because of it, rather than just slotting in Rodin and Burmistrov into the lineup.

Green looks like a coach that doesn't take any nonsense like WD did. I don't see him playing someone like Eriksson 15-18 minutes a night if he doesn't produce. He'll play our best players more and I expect we'll see that next year, starting with moves like this.

I highly doubt Rodin is claimed. NHL rosters are shedding players not adding. Rodin was a long shot from the get go. A feel good story as his original tryout with the AHL Wolves was a disaster. The org was crappy and then he got injured. He returns to Sweden and rebuilds his career but still wants a NHL shot. Not only does he come back to NA, still injured, but sticks it out for another crack this fall. All the feel good stuff aside he has not played top level hockey for almost a season and a half. Top all this by his stated position that he will report to Utica and be BACK. This player has a very strong mental approach and I will cheer for his return. He needs TOI more than anything else.  

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Wow where is @Rollieo Del Fuego? Lol

Canucks actually kept guys who deserve to be here what?

Right here Chipper.....thanks for keeping the bit about Boeser that I wrote in your "home page" or whatever they call it.....I guess you do realize that Brock is indeed a lock by now though?

As for Rodin....he will be biting JB in ass by New Years....having JB's butt instead of turkey....probably from the Lames or Oilers....

...big mistake just made thinking he can sneak Rodin through by playing him with Megna et all for half the minutes he should have played and then not playing last game until the last minute "have to start in place of Upshall"....the other GM's in the league are not so dumb....

Rodin will be shutting down the Sedins this year from some other team.

10 hours ago, Davathor said:

How many more excuses can this fan base make for a 27 year old who can't crack the roster? I know as Canuck fans were supposed to champion the underdog and throw our starting goalie or top 6 forwards under the bus... but maybe there's a good reason Rodin still can't crack an NHL lineup on the wrong side of his 20's? Like, how about (spoiler alert) he isn't good enough? Time to move on from Shinkaruk. I mean Santala. I mean Schroeder. I mean Hodgson. I mean Rodin. Sorry bout that.

It is fancy footwork by JB....but it isn't going to work....Rodin will be claimed and will be a top 9 player in this league this year ....

Book that.....

18 hours ago, darkpoet said:

The thing is, the kid has hardly played any hockey over the last 2 YEARS, which sucks because he's turning 27 in November. 2 years is a lot to miss during what's normally considered prime time for a forward. 

Finally, he's healthy but it's going to take some time to get his head and legs back into game shape.

You don't get named the MVP of the SEL because you're average. I hope he clears and goes to Utica instead of Sweden. Utica is going to have a great fricken team this year. He would do well to go down there and sharpen himself up.

every once in a while you read a post that is so perfectly on point and captures the entire thread for several pages into one nice string of short and concise sentences.....the above is such a post!    giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

He hasn't even been "officially waived" yet ....we find out that he has been claimed within 24+ hours....

whattty..... thats lame.  if i was another team id take a flyer on him. Chicago usually likes guys like him. i could see mini also interested in him.

I had high hopes for him, but he did not look good in the preseason.  He did not go to China, and played 3 games against rookies and AHL players and certainly did not stand out in these games.  Hopefully he goes to Utica and plays well enough to earn a shot later in the season.  I could see a cap strapped team looking for a cheap winger with scoring potential take a chance on him and send him to their AHL team for conditioning..  This screams Chicago to me.

9 minutes ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Just a lightweight soft player...with potential perhaps...however Vancouver has bet on too many of these types far too often. Cut him loose and let him explore other options.

Agreed. Vancity needs big/fast/ tough  forwards.   We got more than our share of soft forwards.....

Archived