The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RODIN waived

darkpoet

8 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

What's more likely.  Every NHL GM is an idiot because they aren't willing to give Rodin an NHL roster spot, OR, you're highly overestimating his value as an NHL player 

Really neither - this is the time of year when it is easiest to waive players as every other team has excess players, are typically at contract max (or close) and have tough decisions themselves to make about roster spots.  It is far harder to get players through during the season than this time of year - further, every team is tied for first right now so optimism (including irrational optimism) is running high in 31 cities.

19 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Maybe there's more that we don't know, but doubtful other GMs would know any underlying issues with the injury.  Would seem the timing is right viz everyone having to cut down their rosters, plus the health risk.  For that matter, Dorsett would likely clear as well if they did it right now, but I just cannot see them doing that to him, unless he isn't going to fully recover and they aren't able to move him in trade.

It's a bit of a conundrum now...Archie has somewhat outplayed Dorsett, but Dorsett hasn't played much....Jake outplayed Brock last game but I still have Brock ahead in that race...but Green knows Jake better tan Brock.

I don't think they give up Dorsett for nothing but I agree he could clear waiver's (Rodin was a bigger surprise to clear than Dorsett in my mind) but I don't think they do that to him.

I think they send Jake or Brock down if they want to keep Archie ...but I don't think they should....we need as many goal scorer's as we can get.

34 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Is it time to send Dorset down to Utica ? See if another club picks him up ?  

Is Achie a better option over a busted up Dorset ?

I like Dorsetts drive and tenacity but as muscle for the team he is on the small side and is a bit overpaid for his role on the team. Archie is younger, bigger and comes at a lower price with probably more of an offensive upside then Dorsett.

2 hours ago, mll said:

I don't get all the fuss going on in here. This is the best thing for Rodin and what I was hoping would happen. The dude is trying to adjust to a new league, after barely playing for over a full season. Struggle was inevitable, but his performance last preseason coupled with flashes this preseason show that he has the skill and talent. I predict time in Utica will get him back up to speed, and there's a good chance he cracks the lineup and stays later in the year. Especially when the injuries hit.

55 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Lots of players couldn't ever change European success to NHL success. 

Rodin hasn't showed me anything that he belongs here, hope Rollieo is right though.

Yeah for a smaller guy I would expect little flashes of offensive flare here and there. I don't even remember the goals he scored. I guess others have seen him play somewhere else I don't know. I watched his play last year and this year and did not see anything that said he might be an offensive threat in the NHL.

1 hour ago, richado said:

I don't get all the fuss going on in here. This is the best thing for Rodin and what I was hoping would happen. The dude is trying to adjust to a new league, after barely playing for over a full season. Struggle was inevitable, but his performance last preseason coupled with flashes this preseason show that he has the skill and talent. I predict time in Utica will get him back up to speed, and there's a good chance he cracks the lineup and stays later in the year. Especially when the injuries hit.

I agree, but he did not get a fair shake.

It seems from the get go they did not want to give him to much ice time or give him the talent to work with.

This may have been intentional, knowing what they have in Rodin?

He needs to tune-up and get some playing time. The best thing for him was to slip through waivers quietly and get playing time.

...He almost showed too much if anything; in the time he got and the personal he played with.

Good thing he was sent down early and made it through waivers.

5 minutes ago, nergish said:

Rodin in Utica is going to be so great for Dahlen’s development! Goldy, Boucher, Subban, Chatfield, MacEwan....

This is a very different Utica team than years past.

If Chaput and Megna clear they will have two good AHLers on top of that.

Very well balanced group and probably the most depth I have seen Utica ever have.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, Chris12345 said:

He's not my favorite that's for sure.

I love that the Canucks move on from dead weight. Now waive Loui next.

your a typical  CDC'r if I ever saw one...   wait I bet you were in the "let's drop jake" camp too last year

12 hours ago, Mr.hockey604 said:

I agree, but he did not get a fair shake.

It seems from the get go they did not want to give him to much ice time or give him the talent to work with.

This may have been intentional, knowing what they have in Rodin?

He needs to tune-up and get some playing time. The best thing for him was to slip through waivers quietly and get playing time.

...He almost showed too much if anything; in the time he got and the personal he played with.

Good thing he was sent down early and made it through waivers.

The comets are gone a be stacked! Imagine if OJ and Pettersson were on the team too. 

Stupid age rule. Hopefully the NHL can fix this. Maybe 1st round draft exceptions???

2 hours ago, crazycanucklyhead said:

The comets are gone a be stacked! Imagine if OJ and Pettersson were on the team too. 

Stupid age rule. Hopefully the NHL can fix this. Maybe 1st round draft exceptions???

It's an agreement with the CHL only. Juolevi was drafted from the CHL, so he can't go to the AHL due to his age. 

Pettersson was drafted out of Europe. He could be in Utica tomorrow - but he has decided it's better for him to stay in Sweden.

14 hours ago, iceman64 said:

your a typical  CDC'r if I ever saw one...   wait I bet you were in the "let's drop jake" camp too last year

totally....let's drop Jake to the minors and play the snot out of him. Jake is what 20? Rodin is 26? Bad comparison.

I realize Jake doesn't have to clear waivers but if he did do you think he'd clear? I don't. Rodin did. 

Good, there is something there with this guy.  I thought he made the team last year after missing most of the year before.  Now another year of rust, needs to play a lot of minutes to get timing back and get used to NA game again.  May start to see him back up half way through the year, particularly if Jake or Brock falter.  Looks like Goldy is flying as well and Dahlen is recovering as well so may get a chance to establish some chemistry.  I hope the Comets make a trade for a better centre for some of these young wingers.

7 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

If a skilled guy can't stand out on THIS roster and gets waived, might be time to make some admissions about him. 

I'm not sure if you noticed, but we actually have quite a skilled lineup.  What makes it appear otherwise is both low expectations from the last couple of seasons, combined with no elite players.  

Archived