The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RODIN waived

darkpoet

22 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I'm not sure if you noticed, but we actually have quite a skilled lineup.  What makes it appear otherwise is both low expectations from the last couple of seasons, combined with no elite players.  

Edmonton, Toronto, Pittsburg, skill, yes, but the Canucks, no. 

However, our bottom 6 is more talented than they are anything else, so I will concede your point. 

What is clear to me that this roster of mediocracy and aspiring youth was too stiff of competition for Rodin. Rodin is a dud, even during a transition period of low expectations. The CDC Rodin pity party of excuses has officially overstayed its welcome. 

5 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Edmonton, Toronto, Pittsburg, skill, yes, but the Canucks, no. 

However, our bottom 6 is more talented than they are anything else, so I will concede your point. 

What is clear to me that this roster of mediocracy and aspiring youth was too stiff of competition for Rodin. Rodin is a dud, even during a transition period of low expectations. The CDC Rodin pity party of excuses has officially overstayed its welcome. 

I am hoping Rodin can light it up in the AHL this season. Last chance for him.

Get called up as the first injury replacement.

Who knows Hank and Danny now qualify for the seniors discount at Denny's so not for sure they can last the year physically.....

Rodin may be called back up to team very quickly.....  Maybe sooner than you can say LingonBERRY Sauce  10 times... 

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

I am hoping Rodin can light it up in the AHL this season. Last chance for him.

Get called up as the first injury replacement.

Who knows Hank and Danny now qualify for the seniors discount at Denny's so not for sure they can last the year physically.....

Rodin may be called back up to team very quickly.....  Maybe sooner than you can say LingonBERRY Sauce  10 times... 

I think Rodin's contract is a one way.  That being said, he will earn 3x as much in Utica as he would back in Sweden.  I think he stays in NA simply because of the dollars.  Next season he's back in .Sweden, but richer.  Then again maybe he does play good here and earn an NHL job?  The guy does have the skill.  

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think Rodin's contract is a one way.  That being said, he will earn 3x as much in Utica as he would back in Sweden.  I think he stays in NA simply because of the dollars.  Next season he's back in .Sweden, but richer.  Then again maybe he does play good here and earn an NHL job?  The guy does have the skill.  

Alf, Rodin will definately get called up to the NHL this season if he stays healthy.  He will be the most skilled forward in Utica.

He will get his NHL games this year.   This story is still not finished. 

On 10/2/2017 at 0:43 PM, Chris12345 said:

totally....let's drop Jake to the minors and play the snot out of him. Jake is what 20? Rodin is 26? Bad comparison.

I realize Jake doesn't have to clear waivers but if he did do you think he'd clear? I don't. Rodin did. 

it wasn't a comparison....  rodin was mvp in one of the best leagues in the world,all he did was get f'd over by the canucks and his knee might never be the same, then gets placed on waivers. Niceeeeee but we'll keep 37 yr old's, good old canuck b.s.that hasn't changed since the bure fiasco.

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

it wasn't a comparison....  rodin was mvp in one of the best leagues in the world,all he did was get f'd over by the canucks and his knee might never be the same, then gets placed on waivers. Niceeeeee but we'll keep 37 yr old's, good old canuck b.s.that hasn't changed since the bure fiasco.

Rodin is not screwed over.

He needs to go to Utica and have a great start to the season. 

I see him as being back on the Canucks before Christmas.  This will give him 30 games under his belt to get stronger and game ready before he makes his NHL last attempt.

Its all on Rodin.  If he is the real deal , he will be a Canuck by Christmas.

I am cheering for him for sure.  He seems to have the character to pull it off. I hope so. 

On 10/1/2017 at 2:59 PM, nergish said:

Rodin in Utica is going to be so great for Dahlen’s development! Goldy, Boucher, Subban, Chatfield, MacEwan....

This is a very different Utica team than years past.

Comets went to the finals in 2015...so it wasn't that long ago.

7 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Rodin is making 700,000 this year playing in Utica.

I think he is still doing OK ? 

Playing the game you love for 20,000 per week doesn't sound too bad to me...

7 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

and the only players still there are Archibald (who was injured for a large part of the playoffs), Bancks and Hamilton.

10 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

I see him as being back on the Canucks before Christmas.  This will give him 30 games under his belt to get stronger and game ready before he makes his NHL last attempt.

I am cheering for him for sure.  He seems to have the character to pull it off. I hope so. 

Totally agree. Let alone that he has missed 1 1/2 seasons but also it is readjusting to NA play which is dif than Swedish hockey. There are many question marks on the Canuck roster and Rodin could easily bump one of them. 

12 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Posting while under the influence can lead to you having to read what you posted the night before and realizing when drunk/high you sound like someone took a blender to your brain and some of it leaked out.

Just sayin'.

21 hours ago, iceman64 said:

A bit of clarification is required. Is the implication that the Canucks should waive 33 for Rodin?

For the record I'm not the biggest 33 fan but he's the captain and should be treated as such.

2 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

A bit of clarification is required. Is the implication that the Canucks should waive 33 for Rodin?

For the record I'm not the biggest 33 fan but he's the captain and should be treated as such.

no, it has zero to do with #33....  ok you as a hockey club with enough money to spend on Dr's of the highest quality and yet somehow they missed a knee spur I think it sounded like BUT no matter what it was , at least give the guy a chance to show his development is progressing as well, we, over here just think the north American small ice should be easily adapted to but it took Rodin longer but who cares when you sign a superstar from the SEL, like wtf?  I'm pissed about that, BUT the flipside is when we get beat on we have better depth now especially at the end of the season but that's par for the course, ermmmm rink but what has changed? we're still a fairly cream puff team, everyone knows that and for most of the history of the canucks it's been that way. I was hoping we wouldn't need tons and tons of depth because Benning at first I was happy about because he seemed to be good at co-running a BIG skilled Bruins team but we have skilled guys but big guys?  well we had 3 recently we just traded away or screwed up in the case of Tryamkin that could have been approached differently but now were soft-ish again with stars that get beat on...  woooohooooo... 

We may surprise quite a few people in the first 20-30 games but other teams will notice and take liberties...  sighs   :( 

23 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

That's an easy statement for the guy who has to live with that injury for life don't you think?  Why do you think no one else picked him up?  That's the sad part but me too, I hope he goes down and lights it up with the small bit of nhl experience he got, i think it served him well but we'll see.

Just now, iceman64 said:

That's an easy statement for the guy who has to live with that injury for life don't you think?  Why do you think no one else picked him up?  That's the sad part but me too, I hope he goes down and lights it up with the small bit of nhl experience he got, i think it served him well but we'll see.

You realize Rodin is making 700,000 this year in Utica right ?

I wish i got screwed this year like he is.......

30 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

no, it has zero to do with #33....  ok you as a hockey club with enough money to spend on Dr's of the highest quality and yet somehow they missed a knee spur I think it sounded like BUT no matter what it was , at least give the guy a chance to show his development is progressing as well, we, over here just think the north American small ice should be easily adapted to but it took Rodin longer but who cares when you sign a superstar from the SEL, like wtf?  I'm pissed about that, BUT the flipside is when we get beat on we have better depth now especially at the end of the season but that's par for the course, ermmmm rink but what has changed? we're still a fairly cream puff team, everyone knows that and for most of the history of the canucks it's been that way. I was hoping we wouldn't need tons and tons of depth because Benning at first I was happy about because he seemed to be good at co-running a BIG skilled Bruins team but we have skilled guys but big guys?  well we had 3 recently we just traded away or screwed up in the case of Tryamkin that could have been approached differently but now were soft-ish again with stars that get beat on...  woooohooooo... 

We may surprise quite a few people in the first 20-30 games but other teams will notice and take liberties...  sighs   :( 

I am curious (and serious), just how would you have approached Tryamkin's situation differently such that he would still be here?

regards,  G.

57 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

I've never heard of what Rodin has.  A knee cap in 2 pieces.  It's like a birth defect that became an issue due to a skate cut across a tendon.  Freak injury.   Very rare condition.

I think you're looking for a team like the big bad Bruins or the Kings in their recent peak about 4-5 years ago.  A team that can beat up on others can be very satisfying but it's pretty clear that fast teams are winning now and that is what the Canucks are shooting for.  Fast, not like every player must skate like McDavid but they need to move the puck.  High skill, strong structure etc that is today's NHL.

I think everybody was blindsided by Tryamkin's defection.  Look, he bought in to the conditioning that was asked of him.  He bought in to the diet that he needed to eat because he understood that he needed to drop a few pounds and be more mobile.  There was total buy in and he was showing great potential and improvement and he signed with his old club in Russia without the Canucks knowing that he was unhappy.  Eff him.  the Canucks will be better off if his heart isn't really in it.  They haven't closed the door but I have.  I have no expectation that he'll be back.  There are lots of reasons why certain players don't make it in the NHL.  It's not always talent.   He could have been the next Chara.  Not happening now that he's back to stuffing down perogies.  Whatever.  

Archived