The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 7 players - Sept. 30, 2017

abdemarco

4 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Damn i wish there were more players on waivers so he can sneak down...Rodin stands out in that group lol

How does he stand out?  

Were you even slightly impressed with his pre season?   

I sure wasn't.  

Obviously management didn't think so. 

Why would any other team?

He wasn't able to make the roster of one of the worst teams in the league.  

Personally, I'd be surprised if he was claimed.  

46 minutes ago, BureLafleur10 said:

I hope someone claims Rodin and he goes on to score 20+ goals with the new team and Vanek gets less than 10 goals.  

As someone who has Rodin in fantasy, I'd be down with that. But fantasy may be where that wish remains, as Vanek will get that on the PP alone.

28 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Damn i wish there were more players on waivers so he can sneak down...Rodin stands out in that group lol

How so? He has accomplished nada, has had a major injury and a 'lousy' team like Vancouver can't find a spot for him. Maybe VGK take a shot but otherwise every other team is pairing down and don't need an unproven, major injury repaired player. I get that we think there is value because, Canucks, but let's call a spade a spade. I do hope he gets picked up, helps with our Utica roster.

1 hour ago, BureLafleur10 said:

I hope someone claims Rodin and he goes on to score 20+ goals with the new team and Vanek gets less than 10 goals.  

Interesting wish.   What team do you cheer for then?   This seems a counter-intuitive wish if you are a fan of the Vancouver organization.    

38 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

This time of year, waiver lists are full and teams have most contracts used up so would need to waive an additional player to make a claim.  Further, Rodin hasn't played a meaningful hockey game in more than 1.5 years so that is a pretty risky claim.    He may get claimed given his SEL pedigree but I would actually be quite surprised given how late it is in the preseason and how many teams are already trimmed down further than Vancouver (who seems to be delaying a bit due to China).

26 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Interesting wish.   What team do you cheer for then?   This seems a counter-intuitive wish if you are a fan of the Vancouver organization.    

Fan of Canucks for 30+ years.  Didn't like the signing of Vanek, saw no need to sign a player way past his prime and would take a spot of a younger player.  I would much rather have Rodin play instead of Vanek.  Did Vanek play better than Rodin in the pre-season?

Just now, BureLafleur10 said:

Fan of Canucks for 30+ years.  Didn't like the signing of Vanek, saw no need to sign a player way past his prime and would take a spot of a younger player.  I would much rather have Rodin play instead of Vanek.  Did Vanek play better than Rodin in the pre-season?

I don't think he did (play better than Rodin) nor did I say he did.   I just find it odd that a fan of a team (30+ years is impressive!) would wish their team to do poorly and be punished somehow for erring on a personnel move.   Maybe I am old-fashioned (even though apparently way younger than you unless you started being a fan in the womb) but when I am a fan of a team, I don't hope for outcomes that harm the team or make the team look poorly.   I pull for the players that team has and hope that it works out - I don't wish any former players ill and, in particular, hope those sent to the farm system only improve and help the team I cheer for become better in the future.

You seem to want to see your team do poorly because they are keeping a player you don't like over a player you do like.   OK I guess - but not way I cheer for a team.   Guess we are different.  

44 minutes ago, BureLafleur10 said:

Seems odd to root against a player on your own team just to prove you were right.  I don't disagree that I would rather see Rodin than Vanek, but they don't ask me so I just cheer for my team.

2 hours ago, BureLafleur10 said:

I hope no one claims Rodin and he goes to utica to get up to speed and then help fill in and produce when injuries occur. I also hope Vanek does well. 

Now, my wish is a different story... I wish we didn't have such negative fans. 

Archived