The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edmonton terror attacks: Police officer stabbed, four people struck by U-Haul

Toews

3 hours ago, riffraff said:

White guy.

went to Sunday school when he was 9

Hey, that describes me, I think... can't remember how old I was when I went to Sunday school.  Can't fathom why I ever went, since my parents never had much respect for the church nor went to church since I have been alive, short of other people's weddings and funerals.

I'm not 64, nor was in Vegas recently, so I think I'm in the clear.

57 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Hey, that describes me, I think... can't remember how old I was when I went to Sunday school.  Can't fathom why I ever went, since my parents never had much respect for the church nor went to church since I have been alive, short of other people's weddings and funerals.

I'm not 64, nor was in Vegas recently, so I think I'm in the clear.

I dunno man...you look kinda shifty.  Didn't I see you cheering for the Senators at one point?

Anyone catch Dana Loesch' comments about this event vs her statements about last nights horrific events?

Calls Edmonton as a terrorist event within less than an hour.

Almost 8 hours after last night "still waiting for more info"

For reference, Dana is the NRA spokes person.

14 hours ago, Warhippy said:

In other news a guy named Stephen with a Christian background opened up on innocent concert goers in Vegas killing more than 20 And wounding more than 100

His brother says that he wasn't religious, but hey he must not know him as well as you do!

11 hours ago, trek said:

If that refugee is convicted, he should be deported imo and never allowed to return

Now this is a tough one. If he is deported he may never face actual justice. I would like to see him spend the rest of his life in prison. No protective custody either.

51 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Now this is a tough one. If he is deported he may never face actual justice. I would like to see him spend the rest of his life in prison. No protective custody either.

Dude this guy didn't even chop up and eat somebody.  No way he gets more than several months.

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

he'd be deported to somalia. I don't see a problem there.

5 minutes ago, trek said:

he'd be deported to somalia. I don't see a problem there.

Somalia isn't the equivalent to a prison sentence. He absolutely needs to do the time for the crimes that he has committed before being deported.

26 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Goes to show you how soft this country is on such matters. Reluctant to charge and imprison/deport known ISIS associates. Won't lay terror charges against this loser. Trudeau leaves the door open for anyone to waltz right in at everyone elses well being and financial expense.

What changes has Trudeau made to Canada's immigration policy to allow "anyone to waltz right in"? As far as I know our laws regarding refugees are still the same as the ones under Harper.

On 10/1/2017 at 8:30 PM, Alflives said:

Maybe that's something our legal system needs to address?  Suspected terrorists should be arrested, and jailed.  

Problem with that is the first time a suspect that was arrested and imprisoned but later found to be innocent, the government is gonna get their a$$ sued off for racial profiling, false arrest, discrimination, defamation of character, etc...

Lawyers would have a field day.

Archived