The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 14 players - Oct. 01, 2017 (All cleared)

On 10/1/2017 at 11:34 AM, Provost said:

McIlrath has certainly fallen off the map

He and Tinordi just came into the scene when that type of player wasn't in fashion.

There were many terrible big players who fashioned a long solid career (I am talking to you Hal Gill).

And don't forget Dana Murzyn!

Glad to see Megna and Chaput on this list. (Especially Megna.) I heard somewhere that only 1 out of (about) 134 players has been claimed from waivers so far, so it's not such a risk this time of year with teams making tough decisions to reduce more than they have a need to add anything.

7 minutes ago, Barry_Wilkins said:

And don't forget Dana Murzyn!

Glad to see Megna and Chaput on this list. (Especially Megna.) I heard somewhere that only 1 out of (about) 134 players has been claimed from waivers so far, so it's not such a risk this time of year with teams making tough decisions to reduce more than they have a need to add anything.

Murzyn has a ring!

Not really Megna's or Chaput's fault to be helming the stealth tank of last season.  Chaput I liked as fourth line player, just isn't a top 6 kind of guy.  And Megna....well, his stick is where plays go to die.  I can't say I'll miss his frustrating presence on the ice, but I don't wish him ill.  Maybe in the AHL he'll find some success....  But I'm sure glad we are finally at the point where they won't be the first call up's in case of injury.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Chaput's at least an acceptable callup for the 4th line.  I don't see anyone other than WD being stupid enough to mistake Megna for anything other than a useless plug. 

Professional hockey players are not "useless plugs".   Guy works his tail off to get this far and close to the NHL, and has had a few games too boot.   Very tough to do and not many make it.   To me it is fine to not want him on the team you cheer for as you feel other players are better but doesn't make him a "useless plug", at least in my opinion.

Do you know how hard it is to get to the NHL?   To get an invite to a camp?   To get drafted?   To play even a single game?    

13 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

For the love of god someone claim those two.

They would be great in Utica. Chaput and Megna have both shown that they are very capable top 6 AHL players and would be immensely valuable down there.

Archived