The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

10 hours ago, Nail said:

This trade has been put on hold for now due to Ottawa exceeding the cap retaining limit of 10M total. Both GMs have been made aware of the issue and I expect a solution to be solved quickly.

I have yet to see that rule come into play. My apologies for missing that.

As a side note, I'm happy to see Carlson, Kopitar, and Kucherov all in the top 5 for their positions!

Well, on draft day we wanted to pick Pettersson.  But we were gong to go with a big Canadian kid, Owen Tippett

Had Owen's name written onto a post when it was my turn to pick my draft pick? Pic, speech and all???????????? Loaded!

But I gasped, watched about 10 minutes worth of video. Including this below. Remembered Caboose chastising Canucks GM's for not picking speed and skill.

And said F""ck it!    

On 27/12/2017 at 2:56 PM, D-Money said:

Thanks to @lethunder for the easy-peasy negotiations, and @Master Mind for processing at the speed of light.

Definitely not a trade I would have made 6 weeks ago. But with the Ducks looking strong, Couture's immediate future TBD (concussion), and the Sharks not placing him on IR (meaning I couldn't either), I was kind of stuck. Hoping to defend 1st overall, especially with the news that Crawford is on IR and Letang is day-to-day, so getting production from Henrique right away will help. Also frees up $2 mil of cap space.

Perhaps I was spooked at what happened last year with Letang (he was injured, but nothing official suggested for the season...until it was too late to replace him) ...But if Couture comes back within a week or two, and picks up where he left off, I will be kicking myself...

Oh, look who's back already...:picard:

Announcement:

January 1st tomorrow. New 3 team lists will be available for those players with full NMC/NTC.

Reminder that players in the first year of their contract won’t waive. Those that have also been traded since July 1st 2017 won’t waive until they’ve been with their new club for at least one year.

Have a Happy New Year!

Happy New Year indeed! Finally the Canucks are on the rise, although we have a quiet day today, I am bursting with anticipation for the month of January! 

All the best for everyone in every endeavour, save this one. I need you all to have a horrible few months here. But I do wish you to have an amazing real life outside the game to make up for it, LMAO.....

1f28cb7e005acecfee75b6fd555b77a9.jpg

Vegas Golden Knights: Studs and Duds (December Edition)

Studs:

Henrik Zetterberg - Showing no signs of aging, Zetterberg had 63 pool points last month bringing his season total up to 144. A true leader for all our young players, as him and William Karlsson have been our 2 best point producers this season.

William Karlsson - Highlighted by his hat-trick last night, Karlsson has already smashed career highs for goals and points. He's currently on pace for a mind boggling 44 goals and 73 points, while his previous career highs were 9 goals and 25 points.

Carl Soderberg - One of our best "depth players", Soderberg has had a nice bounce back season, putting up 52 points in December to bump his total up to 113 on the year. Due to him being a pending UFA this summer, it is likely we will ship him out as we get closer to the trade deadline, and we are willing to retain up to 50% on his contract making his caphit as low as 2.25M.

Duds:

Matt Beleskey - Only 18 pool points on the season (none in December), but was waived to the AHL by the Bruins. Another pending UFA that you can count on not being back in Vegas next season.

Brendan Gallagher - A poor month by Brendan's standards, with only 26 pool points. More is expected from Brendan as we hope to build towards contending for the playoffs next season.

Prospect of the Month:

Casey Mittelstadt - Although some were critiquing his NCAA stats, Mittelstadt has absolutely torn apart the World Juniors, with 9 points in 4 games currently. Along with some guy named Pettersson, Mittelstadt looks to be one of the most electric players in the whole tourney. We look forward to him going back to Minnesota with this new confidence and having a strong finish to his collegiate season. We cannot wait to see him in our lineup in the future!

18 hours ago, Monty said:

Announcement:

January 1st tomorrow. New 3 team lists will be available for those players with full NMC/NTC.

Reminder that players in the first year of their contract won’t waive. Those that have also been traded since July 1st 2017 won’t waive until they’ve been with their new club for at least one year.

Have a Happy New Year!

New lists are done. Should you require your players’ teams, PM me and I’ll have them to you right away.

Cheers!

Archived