The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

3 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Phase two begins in the Vancouver war room. We crossed the 2k mark and are within 212 points of our next target on the way to a Wild Card Berth. 

it does not matter wich league , your team is allways around mine :D

i m also still in hope to close the gap to the wild card spot , but my team is struggling lately 

10 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

it does not matter wich league , your team is allways around mine :D

i m also still in hope to close the gap to the wild card spot , but my team is struggling lately 

yeah i just realized that it is you I am chasing, LOL....sorry my friend, but hockey is hockey...i gotta outwork you in the corners!

FORWARDS

Taylor Raddysh 3.png

U20%20WJC%20Gold%20Medal.png 7GP - 2G - 3A - 5PTS

Tyler Steenbergen 3.png

U20%20WJC%20Gold%20Medal.png 7GP - 1G - 1A - 2PTS

William Lockwood 6.png

U20%20WJC%20Bronze%20Medal.png 3GP - 0G - 0A - 0PTS

Fabian Zetterlund 1.png

U20%20WJC%20Silver%20Medal.png 7GP - 2G - 0A - 2PTS

Joona Koppanen 2.png

5GP - 3G - 1A - 4PTS

Joni Ikonen 2.png

5GP - 1G - 1A - 2PTS

Joachim Blichfeld 7.png

6GP - 3G - 3A - 6PTS

DEFENSEMEN

Erik Brannstrom 1.png

U20%20WJC%20Silver%20Medal.png 7GP - 1G - 3A - 4PTS

Henri Jokiharju 2.png

5GP - 2G - 2A - 4PTS

--

Very happy with how our prospects performed in this short tournament. This tournament gets overvalued far too much, but we are happy to see our prospects make an impact with their nations. We are likely to be seeing multiple players back at the WJC next year with bigger roles, and being more matured and developed - which to us, is extremely exciting considering how those players performed this year in their first taste.

We had five prospects out of nine go home with medals, which is great.

Looking to make some moves early before the deadline. Any teams looking to shed any cap should be in touch - one year deals most preferred, but multiple year deals could be considered, however would need quite the sales pitch aka secondary pieces to take it on.

Justin Falk available for late draft pick.

Marco Scandella could be available for pick(s).

All unsigned prospects are not being moved, but signed ones could be talked about (minus ELC slides).

Also looking to make early moves. Mats Zuccarello, Blake Comeau, Mark Borowiecki, Ian Cole to name a few. Of course players who are likley to make the playoffs are ones we would prefer. But we also care about our future as well and won't look the other way if younger up and coming players were obtainable. 

With a number of young forwards pressing for ice time, the Kings are open to offers on LW/C Matt Calvert.

Calvert has been a solid depth producer. Despite missing 12 games due to injury earlier in the year, he has 72 fantasy points. The Blue Jackets are a definite contender. Also, $1.5 million of his salary is being retained (over 50% - 2 different teams retaining), so he only has a $1 million cap hit.

Looking for a pick/prospect deal.

26 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To WSH: Frederik Karlstrom + 2018 LAK 2nd

To LAK: Joel Armia + Christian Folin + 2019 TBL 4th

Kings place Folin in the minors, and send down Kevin Labanc to make room for Armia on the active roster. @Nail

Thanks to @Squeak for the smooth negotiations. The price wasn't cheap, but I really wanted to add a Winnipeg player, and an additional playoff defenseman, and this deal addressed both. Since Armia and Folin are still waivers-exempt, I can rotate them in and out without losing anyone else.

But things are getting pretty crowded up front (even with Frolik still on IR), hence putting Calvert on the block. Also open to offers on cheap PIM-machine Michael Haley (119 fantasy points so far for $700K).

Alex Killorn - Tyler Seguin - Alex Radulov

Adam Henrique - Craig Smith - Alex Debrincat

Brian Boyle - Vladimir Sobotka - Zach Hyman

Matt Calvert - Blake Coleman - Connor Brown

Kevin Labanc - Michael Haley - Joel Armia

Pontus Aberg - Michael Amadio - David Kampf

Kenny Agostino - Emil Pettersson - Emile Poirier

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

We have a trade to announce...

To WSH: Frederik Karlstrom + 2018 LAK 2nd

To LAK: Joel Armia + Christian Folin + 2019 TBL 4th

We needed to get back under the cap to activate Spooner - with a plethora of similar forwards to Armia, we felt that we could move him.

Archived