The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who are your favourite current & former hockey players of all time?

Roberts

Which current hockey player is your overall favourite?

Which former hockey player is your overall favourite? (Retired, or not playing anymore for any reason)

If I had to pick a current favourite player, it would probably be Dan Hamhuis, he was probably one of the nicest guys I've seen on and off the ice, I always enjoyed watching him play.

getty_danhamhuis.jpg

My favourite former player would have to be Mario Lemieux, his skill was unbelievable and I always enjoy watching his old highlights. He's one of the greatest players of all time.

220px-Mario_Lemieux_1992.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Retired... hmmmm tough to keep this list short.

Sami Salo... Bertuzzi... Naslund and probably THE COOKER! 

As for current, I'm in a state of devastation as I have no favourite with the departure of lord Sbeezus. Will have to go with The Sedins and Edler.

Hon candidates to the Franchise Roberto Luongo and Ryan 2 Man Miller 

Current:  Nobody stands out really.  I suppose if I had to name one it would probably be Cory Schneider, but only because he's a goalie.

Former:  That's easy.  Bobby Orr.  He was the biggest star in the game when I was growing up.

Doug Wilson was my childhood favorite.  Still don't think he gets enough credit for how good he was.  Also enjoyed the few years of the "Legion of Doom" line in Philly...they were pretty impressive. 

Currently....love watching Patrick Kane on the nights he's got the puck on a string.  It can beautiful to watch whether a goal is scored or not.

for me it was always a positional, technical  thing having played defense , past cris pronger for his absolute nasty play. current player, darnell nurse since he's so similar to pronger . wish we had a dman like either of these 2 guys.  forward position past, brendon morrow for his relentless pusuit of the puck style he had (prairie hockey)  dorsett does have some similarities.        present BO  ! 

Archived