The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexander Burmistrov | #42 | C

-AJ-

I want to see Burmistrov play with Goldobin for at the least 5 games and see if they can build chemistry together.

Then you have 2/3 of a line for years to come.

Sedin-Sedin-Virtanen

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Granlund-Burmistrov-Goldobin

Dorsett-Sutter-Ericsson

Vanek and Gagner hopefully traded for 3rd and 4th round picks or some b prospects. Post trade deadline.

Hearing the NHLPA may be investigating agent Dan Milstein regarding his tweet on a player (Galchenyuk) he doesn’t represent.

3:56 PM - 26 Oct 2017

Rick Dhaliwal Retweeted Eric Engels

Milstein represents Burmistrov. #CanucksNHL_2017_2018_Canucks.png

MONTREAL— A tumultuous week for Canadiens forward Alex Galchenyuk added a new twist Thursday when certified NHLPA hockey agent Dan Milstein alleged that Montreal coach Claude Julien has a problem with Russian hockey players.

“Alex Galchenyuk isn’t a problem but coach is. Has never successfully coached Russian. Took midseason most-Russian club. All but one Russian gone,” said Milstein on Twitter.

The tweets have since been deleted.

Milstein was referring to the Canadiens summer departures of Alexei Emelin (to Vegas Golden Knights in the expansion draft), Mikhail Sergachev (via trade with the Tampa Bay Lightning), and Alex Radulov and Andrei Markov (via free agency).

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-agent-causes-stir-tweet-galchenyuk-julien/

On 10/24/2017 at 9:36 AM, -AJ- said:

Burmistrov has been better than I expected. Not amazing, but definitely serviceable all over the ice. Plays a surprisingly decent all-around game.

Pretty well summed up what I was going to say. I wanted to add, that what impresses me a lot about Burmi is his physicality and grit. He is willing to take and give some nice checks and play in the hard areas which allows him to use his skills effectively.

• 4 weeks later...

Burmistrov kind of reminds of me of Mike Santorelli when he arrived in Vancouver. 

A guy who probably wishes to play a skilled game, probably has the hands to do so.... but just can't seem to break the barrier on becoming a top-6 forward for whatever reason.

Still wishes to be in the NHL, thus playing any role, doing stuff outside of his regular comfort zone like being defensively responsible first, battling along the boards, finishing checks, etc.  

Not sure how he fits in Vancouver's long term planning, but sometimes a team needs hungry players willing to do what it takes to stick around.  Better to have a player who had higher expectations and then relegated to a smaller role (who usually still have tons of skills and can step up from time to time) than another player who has less skills and can't elevate their game.  

51 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Burmistrov kind of reminds of me of Mike Santorelli when he arrived in Vancouver. 

A guy who probably wishes to play a skilled game, probably has the hands to do so.... but just can't seem to break the barrier on becoming a top-6 forward for whatever reason.

Still wishes to be in the NHL, thus playing any role, doing stuff outside of his regular comfort zone like being defensively responsible first, battling along the boards, finishing checks, etc.  

Not sure how he fits in Vancouver's long term planning, but sometimes a team needs hungry players willing to do what it takes to stick around.  Better to have a player who had higher expectations and then relegated to a smaller role (who usually still have tons of skills and can step up from time to time) than another player who has less skills and can't elevate their game.  

This is a very good point, Lancaster.  Kind of like Biega as well.  These are the kind of guys you want as place holders while the team is rebuilding.

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Having Burmi play on the 1st line was a stretch.  He was fine on that line with Baer/Vanek; better than Gagner anyways.

He never played with Baer-Vanek though.  Baer only played with Burmistrov with Boeser - they were very good against the Senators.  There was a Baer-Granlund-Vanek in China after Horvat got injured.  

5 minutes ago, mll said:

He never played with Baer-Vanek though.  Baer only played with Burmistrov with Boeser - they were very good against the Senators.  There was a Baer-Granlund-Vanek in China after Horvat got injured.  

My bad.  It was Vanek Burmi Gagner.  I guess my preference is Baer  Burmi  Vakek

On 2017-12-07 at 4:54 PM, SilentSam said:

Burmistrov has shown some shiny edges earlier this season, I think he is about to get an opportunitty that allows him to “put it all together” ..   riding the pine can make you itchy as hell.

good luck Alex!

not sure why everyone is still so high on Burmistrov? he hasn't really shown that he's gonna be an offensive playmaker or player. in my opinion he's a serviceable depth player on the team. but nothing more than that. unless he shows that he is. relatively young still I suppose at 25/26 years old. but he is becoming the player of what you see is what you get. 

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/kuzma-burmistrov-goes-from-wild-card-to-rover-to-confused-canuck

However, with Sutter and Dowd on the roster horizon, his lineup days could again be numbered.

“The frustrating thing is you know you can play at this level and every day and every night you walk into the dressing room and you don’t know if you’re playing or not,” said Burmistrov. “You kind of want to know you’re playing or be sure to be confident in yourself and feel like you’re part of the team.

“Then you walk into the dressing room and you’re not playing and you’re thinking: ‘What is it going to be like tomorrow?’ I’m trying to work hard but this is hard.

“And the worst thing is to see Bo hurt and then you’re back in, but you basically didn’t earn that spot.”

I've waited for him to change my mind, but I haven't been impressed with Burmistrov at all this season, except for that one game where he scored a few points. Yeah he's a decent depth player to cover for injuries but that's about it. I feel like plays constantly die on his stick and he always makes that extra move that's unnecessary. Not overly impressed with this quote either.

I can see Dowd pushing Burmistrov off the team once Bo and Sutter are back.

6 minutes ago, gregthehockeynut said:

Vanek-Burmi-Virtanen were together in preseason I think and showed some chemistry albeit against a mix of prospects with AHLers and some veterans. With Horvat out it's time to fire up the line blender though.. why not!

Vanek never played with Virtanen.  It was Gagner-Burmistrov-Virtanen.  They also played together in the first two games of the season.

Archived