The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

TSN 1040 Interview with Chris Higgins

Bissurnette

32 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Listen to this interview starting at 3:45 and then tell me how Higgins saying he was relieved it was over is an ok response. Remember this came from a guy with black eyes, broken nose, broken ribs. He was pissed they lost. I bet if he could go back and do any day over again it would be that day. He wasn't relieved it was over, and I respect that so much more.

Do you think this guy was happy it was over? Does he look it?

Thanks for that! Canuck fans need reminders every once and awhile about what real leadership is all about. Linden will always be the greatest Canuck for me. As much as many fans diss Kesler at every opportunity I never have. I can never forget Ryan Kesler and ALex Burrows when they broke in and what they did to change attitudes of losing that existed. They were incredible hockey players and did so much for the Canucks. The fact that Kesler was tearing up during that interview should not surprise anyone.  

7 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I was a little chapped hearing him say how hard the 2011 run was and how happy he was when it was over. That was the mentality that I think a lot of us saw in those last 2 games and it cost them the cup.

Not saying it wasn't hard and they shouldn't have been tired, but the ones who look past that and work even harder are the ones that win.

Way to take it out of context. He says he's more at peace with 2011 nowadays, especially knowing that he left all he could on the ice. Said he played with a broken foot, did everything he could and by the end of it it was so physically and emotionally exhausting that you're almost glad it's over. Doesn't mean he's glad to just collect a paycheque.

9 hours ago, apollo said:

Does he still live in Vancouver? Pretty sure I saw him at whole foods in west van in the summer but got too star struck to go up and say hello hahaha

Any time you see a member of the Glorious 2011 Vancouver Canucks... it should send shivers down your spine :lol:

I made him a coffee last year. I work in west van so he might live around here. I kinda choked up and all I could say was "how was Utica??" Hope he didn't think I was trying to be a dick about him getting sent down.

9 hours ago, apollo said:

Does he still live in Vancouver? Pretty sure I saw him at whole foods in west van in the summer but got too star struck to go up and say hello hahaha

Any time you see a member of the Glorious 2011 Vancouver Canucks... it should send shivers down your spine :lol:

It was probably him! I saw him at Ambleside Beach in West van this past summer with his wife. Didn't want to bother them so I yelled "hey Chris!" and waved and he waved back :D

Got some pretty sweet memories of that 2011 run and he was a fan favorite that year 

10 hours ago, apollo said:

The same thing happened to me but for Manny Malholtra. He was picking up ice cream cake from DQ :)

9 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Again, Linden in 94.

So what? I suspect you're either confusing, or assuming, his being glad it was over with being happy or not caring about the result. To say he didn't give a crap or put in no effort is just your own bs. If he didn't care he had a pretty good excuse to not play - a broken foot. Yet he sucked it up and played. Stop looking for somebody to blame and just accept we lost.

11 hours ago, Psycho_Path said:

Can't say I agree with his assessment of Vigneault. Vigneault's biggest problem in the playoffs was being unable to adapt to Chicago changing their style of play

That's what I thought.... but looking back, Chicago was just way too good with all that talent in the backend and up front and a coach who knew how to counteract whatever you did. Basically, no adjustment worked is my assessment in hindsight.

7 hours ago, khay said:

That's what I thought.... but looking back, Chicago was just way too good with all that talent in the backend and up front and a coach who knew how to counteract whatever you did. Basically, no adjustment worked is my assessment in hindsight.

You could make that hindsight if Vigneault actually adjusted. The Canucks just continued to play the same way the whole series, multiple years in a row, while the Hawks adjusted.

On 10/4/2017 at 8:03 AM, apollo said:

He is friends with a buddy of mine.  Hung out with them this summer. He definitely spends some of the year in Van.  Such a nice guy.  

Archived