The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jagr: "99.9% this will be my last season"

Roberts

The 45-year-old said he's leaning toward retiring after one last go-round. "Ninety-nine percent (chance) this will be my last season," Jagr told reporters, according to Sportsnet's Roger Millions. When asked about approaching Gordie Howe's all-time games played record, Jagr downplayed it by reminding reporters that he left the NHL for the KHL earlier in his career.

"I never thought about the record or I never would have gone back to Russia," he said, according to Sportsnet's Eric Francis.

As for his readiness for this season, the ageless winger said he won't rush himself into game action, making it clear he wants to get a few practices in before taking a spot in the lineup, according to Sportsnet 960 The FAN's Pat Steinberg.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1378183-jagr-officially-joins-flames-99-9-percent-this-will-be-my-last-season

28 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Nobody can skate like McDavid, such a generational talent

It's unreal isn't it. 

The goal he scored off that RW break last night. Didn't even turn the jets on and burned Cowtowns D badly. Looked like he was playing against beer leaguers.

I hate him and Edmonton so bad.

11 minutes ago, luckylager said:

It's unreal isn't it. 

The goal he scored off that RW break last night. Didn't even turn the jets on and burned Cowtowns D badly. Looked like he was playing against beer leaguers.

I hate him and Edmonton so bad.

It's like he doesn't have enough room, like he has to slow down a little bit so his teammates can catch up to him. 

I'm just gonna say it, but McDavid is getting 120-130pts this season.

Archived