The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canadian Bill C-23

SabreFan1

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

It's not only this specific instance that's a concern.  When you start trading away your citizens' rights to a foreign country on your own soil, you're opening the door for it to become the norm.  Today it's on the border, next time it could extend to certain police (FBI) actions involving citizens who have returned from visiting the US.

now that would be scary. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

now that would be scary. 

The framework is already there through Interpol.  All it would take is a bit of tweaking of Interpol's charter and the acquiescence of Canadian lawmakers and then you'd potentially have a foreign country openly carrying out law enforcement duties on your soil.

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

It's not only this specific instance that's a concern.  When you start trading away your citizens' rights to a foreign country on your own soil, you're opening the door for it to become the norm.  Today it's on the border, next time it could extend to certain police (FBI) actions involving citizens who have returned from visiting the US.

The DEA has been raiding grows in Canada for a long time. The RCMP never cared.

They'd land their black choppers on little farms, located on tiny islands, burn the crops, trash the farm houses, pull guns on little hippy kids and abduct their fathers.

There's a long history of the Canadian Government lacking balls when it comes to keeping the wolves out. Nothing's changed.

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

The framework is already there through Interpol.  All it would take is a bit of tweaking of Interpol's charter and the acquiescence of Canadian lawmakers and then you'd potentially have a foreign country openly carrying out law enforcement duties on your soil.

6 hours ago, luckylager said:

The DEA has been raiding grows in Canada for a long time. The RCMP never cared.

They'd land their black choppers on little farms, located on tiny islands, burn the crops, trash the farm houses, pull guns on little hippy kids and abduct their fathers.

There's a long history of the Canadian Government lacking balls when it comes to keeping the wolves out. Nothing's changed.

Any proof of this? 

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't know what he is. I was talking about Trudeau and be brought up Trump being elected in 2016.

It was a poor attempt at a joke.....the whole "Trump being elected in 2016" thing.

My delivery needs work....hmmm, need a laugh track or something.....

11 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Ya I remember when this was being discussed. Trudeau is such a clown he does and says whatever the U.S tells him. Hell in the 2015 election his website(liberals) had a big piece on strengthening relations with the U.S. He made so many pro U.S comments on that site who knew he meant handing Canadian sovereignty over to the U.S.

His dad would be disgusted with this.

IIRC this was an initial Harper bill.

True Dough campaigned against it but is still allowing it to go through.

Kinda just shows people that the two parties are no different.

Amazingly, those who supported this under Harper rail against it under True Dough.

You truly cannot fix stupid when it comes to partisanship

11 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

My bet is thats probably happening already under terrorism-realted legislation. 

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Any proof of this? 

These raids were common knowledge on Vancouver Island through the 90's. A friend of mine grew up on Lasqueti, his Dad was thrown in a US prison.

I witnessed the choppers while hiking the Kludak / San Juan Ridge Trail in 2001. Neither the Coast Guard or RCMP use black choppers.

The story goes that these Gulf Island hippies, on Lasqueti and Texada Islands were smuggling weed into Washington State. Which apparently gave the DEA juristiction. Their area of interest expanded to the entire south Island / Gulf Islands.

I bet you could find proof or reports of the Lasqueti / Texada raids in the Comox Valley News, summers of 1995 to probably 98.

I remember an article in the Times Colonist, early 2000's, about the "joint" chopper patrols on Southern Vancouver Island, which was reported as a RCMP and DEA cooperative effort.

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

These raids were common knowledge on Vancouver Island through the 90's. A friend of mine grew up on Lasqueti, his Dad was thrown in a US prison.

I witnessed the choppers while hiking the Kludak / San Juan Ridge Trail in 2001. Neither the Coast Guard or RCMP use black choppers.

The story goes that these Gulf Island hippies, on Lasqueti and Texada Islands were smuggling weed into Washington State. Which apparently gave the DEA juristiction. Their area of interest expanded to the entire south Island / Gulf Islands.

I bet you could find proof or reports of the Lasqueti / Texada raids in the Comox Valley News, summers of 1995 to probably 98.

I remember an article in the Times Colonist, early 2000's, about the "joint" chopper patrols on Southern Vancouver Island, which was reported as a RCMP and DEA cooperative effort.

Sounds like a good movie idea for Tom Cruise

Just now, Shift-4 said:

Sounds like a good movie idea for Tom Cruise

I dunno man. How many legit, old school hippies do you know? They're generally pacifists and typically pretty boring. I wouldn't write a movie about them, sounds like a yawner, like every other "pot growing movie".

Little Tom Cruise chasing a few tie-dyed long hairs through the forest for about 200m before hippy nearly dies from his asthma attack...

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

IIRC this was an initial Harper bill.

True Dough campaigned against it but is still allowing it to go through.

Kinda just shows people that the two parties are no different.

Amazingly, those who supported this under Harper rail against it under True Dough.

You truly cannot fix stupid when it comes to partisanship

U.S. border guards would get new powers to question, search and even detain Canadian citizens on Canadian soil under a bill proposed by the Liberal government.

44 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Crazy.

34 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I dunno man. How many legit, old school hippies do you know? They're generally pacifists and typically pretty boring. I wouldn't write a movie about them, sounds like a yawner, like every other "pot growing movie".

Little Tom Cruise chasing a few tie-dyed long hairs through the forest for about 200m before hippy nearly dies from his asthma attack...

But it's Tom Cruise. He will do boring with style and a perfect smile!

Archived