The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canadian Bill C-23

SabreFan1

7 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm sure both China and India will see more and more of Canada's exports as they grow.  Hopefully the businesses there don't end up tearing up the beautiful parts of Canada to meet demand from all 3 countries (US, China, India).

Canada/Harper pushed hard for this law 2-3 years ago.  It wasn't completely borne from US desire.  Canada hasn't been put under much duress.  That's one of the things that makes it perplexing.  Current PM Hair Gel could have killed it but he didn't and he was able to push it through the House of Commons, but hasn't had the same luck with your Senate.

come on unelected, unaccountable senate, do the right thing and stop this.

27 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

come on unelected, unaccountable senate, do the right thing and stop this.

Write and/or email your elected representatives to get them to pressure your Senate into not voting on the bill.  They don't even have to vote it down, although that would be preferable.  A bill can die just as easily if it's never even voted on.

20 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm sure both China and India will see more and more of Canada's exports as they grow.  Hopefully the businesses there don't end up tearing up the beautiful parts of Canada to meet demand from all 3 countries (US, China, India).

Canada/Harper pushed hard for this law 2-3 years ago.  It wasn't completely borne from US desire.  Canada hasn't been put under much duress.  That's one of the things that makes it perplexing.  Current PM Hair Gel could have killed it but he didn't and he was able to push it through the House of Commons, but hasn't had the same luck with your Senate.

Hopefully nature does not suffer in a wake of progress like you said.

Canada needs to protect is sovereignty especially in Arctic, where I think the next challenge will come in the future. 

As far as Senate goes, mine is in Washington just like yours :)

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Hopefully nature does not suffer in a wake of progress like you said.

Canada needs to protect is sovereignty especially in Arctic, where I think the next challenge will come in the future. 

As far as Senate goes, mine is in Washington just like yours :)

Whoops.  My bad.  I thought you were one of the poutine devouring, maple syrup slurping, moose cuddling peace lovers. ;)

Canada is going to end up paying one way or another when it comes to the Arctic.  They've waited too long to strengthen their navy and are now going to have to rely on the US if/when Russia encroaches on Canadian claims.

36 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Whoops.  My bad.  I thought you were one of the poutine devouring, maple syrup slurping, moose cuddling peace lovers. ;)

Canada is going to end up paying one way or another when it comes to Antarctica.  They've waited too long to strengthen their navy and are now going to have to rely on the US if/when Russia encroaches on Canadian claims.

What?? :P

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Canada is going to end up paying one way or another when it comes to the Arctic.  They've waited too long to strengthen their navy and are now going to have to rely on the US if/when Russia encroaches on Canadian claims.

No worries, that first sentence does describe my wife to a T :)

Instead of poutine, I would rather have Italian been sandwich with mozzarella and giardiniera.

Archived