The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, Canorth said:

I hated when he left. He was probably one of my top three players on the team. It was a kick in the nuts when he left. But... didn't he fullfill his contract obligations last season? IIRC, he was only signed up until the end of last season. He was free to do as he pleased.

When it comes to personal decisions on what he is going to do with his life, you should leave that up to him. When you start offering suggestions and judgments on how he lives his life, or, how his wife should or shouldn't follow her carrier path, that likely took her the better part of a decade to achieve... then you've gone overboard. Its not really any of your business.  As for his professionalism as a pro-hockey player... what is it that you think you know that he doesn't about that? It wasn't for him for whatever reason he deemed appropriate. People have different priorities. He's following his.

I never said it was my business. I don't even want him back, as I said we have moved on. 

It is others who started bringing his personal life into it without a shred of evidence that it had anything to do with it - in fact his reasons are all over the place and some if true, point to him being a self entitled trouble maker.

He took virtually no responsibility for his lack of condition when he turned up for the new season - is that the mark of a guy who respects the Club and it's coach. Not in my book, in fact he was more upset about not having his contract "breached" than the fact he had used that contract to gain special treatment.

I say thank goodness he is out of the way and not a source of friction here as nothing seemed to please him. Good riddance.

Archived