The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) VAN - ARI

I don't think the Yotes would want Hutton, They have OEL, Goligoski and Chychrun on the left side. There are other teams who would love to have a Hutton on their team. 
Virtanen only just got up to the bigs. Let's see what he can do over a season before trading him. 

Strome is an interesting target (like Pouliot) but I don't think we have any expendable pieces or fair value pieces to trade for him right now. 

16 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

To Van: Dylan Strome

To Ari: Jake Virtanen + Hutton 

Dylan Strome was just assigned to the AHL and the coyotes are deep at center. Strome could be Vancouvers number 2 center and allow pettersson to play the wing. Hutton is expendable with pouliot and joulevi fighting for a top 4 spot next year.

No thanks. Jake is starting to look good and Hutton is a decent top 4 now. Strome is ok but is taking a long time to develop.

14 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Get a grip, ZZ.  KB never played a single game in the NHL.  He would have been thrilled to play 7 min in any NHL game.

I know. I'm obviously kidding. I am just venting frustration that it appears another head coach is going to mess with Virtanen's head and further stunt his growth. 

2 hours ago, zzbottom said:

I know. I'm obviously kidding. I am just venting frustration that it appears another head coach is going to mess with Virtanen's head and further stunt his growth. 

On the contrary, it's a very long season and I think Coach Green is being very careful how he meters out playing time for Virt.  He knows the young man very well and is very aware of where his game is at and where it can go. At some point, Virt will be ready for some PK & PP mins (I hope) and we may even see him moving up the lineup.

Green is a very good communicator, so I think Virt is very aware of his process and is trusting in Green's judgment.

Holy you guys... No matter the person, no matter the situation, as soon as someone hits a speed bump in their progression they are automatically done. Strome will likely gain confidence, learn the pro game, and figure out how to use his skills to make him successful in the NHL while playing down in the AHL. The kid is 20 and he just scored 2.14 points per game in the OHL.

Do I want to trade Virtanen? No. Is Strome going to be a good player? Most likely.

7 hours ago, zzbottom said:

No that is wrong as Green has taught Jake what it takes to get and stay in the big league

now is up to Jake and him alone

15 hours ago, Brobidus said:

I don't think the Yotes would want Hutton, They have OEL, Goligoski and Chychrun on the left side. There are other teams who would love to have a Hutton on their team. 
Virtanen only just got up to the bigs. Let's see what he can do over a season before trading him. 

Strome is an interesting target (like Pouliot) but I don't think we have any expendable pieces or fair value pieces to trade for him right now. 

Ya you might be right. Something like 

Virtanen, subban, 2018 2nd for Strome might be better. 

For the record I really like Virtanen and think he will be a very valuable player. But a top powerplay line of Pettersson- Strome- Boeser would be deadly in five years. And just because Strome got sent down to the Ahl doesnt mean he will bust, a lot of great players have been sent to the AHL. Its just taking him some time to transition his game to NHL, but he was dominant in junior and at the world jrs. 

This is probably viewed as a steep price by both teams. Vancouver loses a solid young defenseman and a forward this is slowly coming into his own. Arizona i loosing a big strong centre with lots of potential, a guy they drafted and are developing. Just see each team seeing it as lose lose.

Archived