The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, cowboy644 said:

The old fart forwards got to start the powerplays.Play crap.The old farts get to play the entire overtime.Play crap.Green taking a page from Willy.

To be fair the Sedins had a decent game and they almost won it late in OT. Agree they should be second line PP though

Tough way to lose, but at least we were able to keep it close throughout. Rough first goal on Markstrom but he was excellent otherwise. That shootout attempt by Sutter was horrid. Also, I like this idea of keeping the Sedins <16:00 TOI... they were noticeably effective tonight creating the two goals and being active in the offensive zone. Vanek had some lapses early but the overall line chemistry showed signs of coming together.

Dorsett or Burmistrov get my vote to come out for Boeser. Virtanen had a good amount of jump to his game and some nice rushes, I hope he stays in.

7 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Not surprised, he seems to be a slow starter type of guy. The last two seasons he didn't pot in his first goal until November. 

Most of the time I would say let him work it out. However, we actually have people sitting that are good enough to play for once. If you want to be a sloth on the ice then you can sit in the press box.

Boeser is a top 6 guy, if Baer wants to d*ck around until November maybe a game or 2 in the box for Boeser will wake him up. We are, at the very best scenario, going to be in a dog fight for a playoff spot. No room for beginning of season slumbers when we are in that spot.

Just now, TheFastOne21 said:

Most of the time I would say let him work it out. However, we actually have people sitting that are good enough to play for once. If you want to be a sloth on the ice then you can sit in the press box.

Boeser is a top 6 guy, if Baer wants to d*ck around until November maybe a game or 2 in the box for Boeser will wake him up. We are, at the very best scenario, going to be in a dog fight for a playoff spot. No room for beginning of season slumbers when we are in that spot.

Yeah I agree, I recall Sven has been a healthy scratch under Willie D a couple of times, and both times it lit a fire under him. Definitely worth a shot especially with a stud like Brock waiting in the wing.

3 minutes ago, TheFastOne21 said:

Baertschi needs to be moved out of the top 6 and into the viewing suite. Guy lacks intensity. 

Archived