The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I think it's his level of engagement that's lacking. Not a slow start. 

I can't disagree, his lack of engagement at times has always been frustrating, even when he was in the WHL. Hope he finds it because we'll need it when the inevitable injuries begin.

1 minute ago, Mattrek said:

Without the whipping boys of the CDC (Sedins and Vanek) we wouldn't have come out with a point tonight. Vanek especially, drew a penalty, scored a goal and made a goal happen by screening the goalie. Tanev, Gudbranson and MDZ let us keep that point with their defensive play and the former's goal. Markstrom was key tonight robbing Burrows among many other saves. Without him the game is a blowout Sens win. I'm chalking this one up to too much turkey/emotions from Burrows, still like the style of play Green is implementing and I'll take the gift of a point and move on to the next game. Go Canucks Go!

The Sedins aren't whipping boys. They're geezers. No, but seriously they need to be given less PP time, and not given any overtime ice. That was a mistake. It's only the second game of the season, but hopefully Green will see that they lack the capability to perform at that level anymore. 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Sedins aren't whipping boys. They're geezers. No, but seriously they need to be given less PP time, and not given any overtime ice. That was a mistake. It's only the second game of the season, but hopefully Green will see that they lack the capability to perform at that level anymore. 

Their line scored our only 2 goals. Why the hell wouldn't you play the line that scores? CDC you amaze me sometimes.

As good as Markstrom played that game, that first soft goal can't happen again. We got to start scoring the first goal rather than giving up the first goal this season. He played well, but it's a little frustrating when your goalie lets in a soft one like that in both games.

Also, Sedins can't start the PP. Horvats PP line generated more chances in there 30 seconds than the Sedins PP line did all game.

6 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Gagner looks absolutely useless

He is one of the smartest players on the team and carries the puck through the neutral zone very well, sets up his linemates extremely well It seems like he can make something happen every shift......not sure what you're watching.

Archived