The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the first coach to be fired this season?

First head coach fired this season  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the standings, you'd think that guys like Bob Bougher (even though he's had little time), Bill Peters, maybe Randy Carlyle too.

But for me, Dave Hakstol is the guy in the firing line right now. They're getting very little depth scoring - outside of their top line, plus Ghost Bear and Provorov, you only really have Wayne Simmonds doing anything of note. The way they're going, they're going to be a .500 team. That's not good enough with that roster.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2017 at 6:38 AM, Quantum said:

Really don't like the tandem of Cheveldyoff and Maurice running things in Winnipeg. Chevy's distain for trading is what is holding back the Jets from being something truly special.

Things look different now eh? :)
I've watched every Jets game and truly, something special is happening.... and it's not like it came outta the blue! :angel:

15 hours ago, c-a-n-u-c-k-s said:

Things look different now eh? :)
I've watched every Jets game and truly, something special is happening.... and it's not like it came outta the blue! :angel:

Yeah what a turnaround they have done! Offence is impressive and Wheeler/Schiefle are lighting it up big time. Defence is outstanding as well, finally it has been a long time coming. Goaltending on top of that has been great as well.

17 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Yeah what a turnaround they have done! Offence is impressive and Wheeler/Schiefle are lighting it up big time. Defence is outstanding as well, finally it has been a long time coming. Goaltending on top of that has been great as well.

Yup.  No way is Maurice getting the axe now.  The Jets are great, and fun to watch.  Hellybuck (is that his name?) is giving them stellar tending too.  

Maybe no coaches get fired this season?  

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That Eddie Munster looking guy, Todd McLellan. The Oilers are terrible, close to bottom of the league, even with Draisaitl, RNH, Lucic and McDavid. Hopefully they hire Willie. lol

Didn’t they just sign him though?  I actually believe WD could get them somewhere.  He’d make the play defensively, and rely on the counter attack, which might really work for them.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t they just sign him though?  I actually believe WD could get them somewhere.  He’d make the play defensively, and rely on the counter attack, which might really work for them.  

With Gulutzen in CGY and if Willie coached in EDM, I would find that funny. Two teams apparently way ahead of VAN in their rebuilds, hiring our former coaches. Can't see EDM actually hiring Willie though, but McLellan is struggling to rally his team and get wins. A team with McDavid on it tied for 3rd last in the league isn't working. There's no excuse for them.

This may be far fetched....

But with the Blackhawks struggling and the power play in 9 year funk, plus the fact that Bowman, McDonough (team president), and Rocky Wirtz have proven they're not afraid to pull the trigger on making changes...it wouldn't surprise me to see Q lose his job this season.

Archived