The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the first coach to be fired this season?

First head coach fired this season  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 12/8/2017 at 3:18 AM, skolozsy2 said:

This may be far fetched....

But with the Blackhawks struggling and the power play in 9 year funk, plus the fact that Bowman, McDonough (team president), and Rocky Wirtz have proven they're not afraid to pull the trigger on making changes...it wouldn't surprise me to see Q lose his job this season.

Yeah i think that is really far fetched. Right up there with the Leafs firing Babcock... coaches like them with a stellar reputation usually don't get fired, they usually move on to another team when their contract is up.

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Looks like I was wrong. Time to change my prediction again. :lol: 

Has there been a team in the league with more coaching changes over the past few years than the Ottawa Senators?

At some point, you gotta think: "Maybe it's not the coach"...

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

Because Chiarelli thinks his Coach is doing a great job...Got a feeling his job is on the block before McLellan

I'd be mildly shocked in Chiapet isn't canned, followed shortly thereafter by McLellan. Then watch McDavid request a trade to Vancouver after developing some chemistry with Brock at the All Star shindig.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We are now in February and still, no coach has been fired yet. Anyone else surprised?

It’s tough to say. Off the top of my head the only teams reallyyy underperforming are Ottawa, Edmonton, and NYR. I think McLellan and Boucher are afforded a bit of wiggle room because their rosters really aren’t as good as some people seemed to think they were. AV is in the same boat. That said, that excuse has failed many a coach in the past. I think if McLellan has a similar year next year he’s gone. 

I guess the Pens have been a little underachieving but they’re very likely still a playoff team and back to back Cups will afford Stevens the benefit of the doubt. 

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup, but who’s available?  

Maybe McLellen in Oilerville?  They are terrible defensively.

McClellan will get the benefit of the doubt since Chiarelli won't admit the roster moves this summer were terrible. I expect Chia to right a few wrongs next off-season.

2 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

McClellan will get the benefit of the doubt since Chiarelli won't admit the roster moves this summer were terrible. I expect Chia to right a few wrongs next off-season.

They need a goalie.  That’s really hard to get.  They need good defensemen.  Those are hard to get too.  Plus, they have two deadweight forwards: Lucic and (I forgot the other guy’s name). They are both way too slow for today’s super fast game.  

Would we trade Loui for Lucic?  Could that help both teams?  

Archived