The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Is There Enough Depth for a Galchenyuk Trade?

13 hours ago, qwijibo said:

It you have Montreal giving up Galchenyuk. I have them giving up a pick and prospect.  Also. Shipachoyev is a 30 vet. He's proven he's a professional player. Goldobin is yet to do that 

Sorry if I sound rude saying this.

But a 22 year old PPG scoring forward this season in Goldobin and a solid 2 way forward in Sutter have to be more attractive to a team with depth wide scoring and 2 way issues this year.  Over an almost 31 year old KHL talent that has never produced in the North American leagues.

I say this only because as a Canuck fan I literally just watched our team do stuff like that over the last few seasons :)

27 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sorry if I sound rude saying this.

But a 22 year old PPG scoring forward this season in Goldobin and a solid 2 way forward in Sutter have to be more attractive to a team with depth wide scoring and 2 way issues this year.  Over an almost 31 year old KHL talent that has never produced in the North American leagues.

I say this only because as a Canuck fan I literally just watched our team do stuff like that over the last few seasons :)

The other big thing is position. Ship is a proven centre who could very well fill the 2C slot. Which is what Montreal needs. Sutter is a good to great 3C. But Montreal has Plekanec/Shaw/Danault/Mitchell/ De La Rose/McCarron who can all play a bottom 6 C role.  

Also. My way Montreal has Galchenyuk who is +++ over Goldobin at this point in addition to Ship. It fills their needs much more than a project winger and a 3C 

43 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

The other big thing is position. Ship is a proven centre who could very well fill the 2C slot. Which is what Montreal needs. Sutter is a good to great 3C. But Montreal has Plekanec/Shaw/Danault/Mitchell/ De La Rose/McCarron who can all play a bottom 6 C role.  

Also. My way Montreal has Galchenyuk who is +++ over Goldobin at this point in addition to Ship. It fills their needs much more than a project winger and a 3C 

If Shipchayov is the guy that bergeron were to hang his hat on in that trade.  May he end up Millbury'd

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If Shipchayov is the guy that bergeron were to hang his hat on in that trade.  May he end up Millbury'd

Looks like Vegas worked out their roster issues. Shipachoyev is in the lineup tonight and just scored his first goal.  So my trade suggestion is moot 

5 hours ago, Kelly Green said:

Sutter , Baertshi and Subban for Galchenyuk and Juulsen

The Habs need help now and Sutter is probably better than anyone they have at center at the moment

No. He's not.  Sutter is a 3C in Vancouver and he'd be a 3C in Montreal 

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

At this point I don't think anything with Montreal is out of the question

Bergevin* knows his time is coming to an end.

You don't screw up that often in that short of a time period and survive in la belle province

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

At this point I don't think anything with Montreal is out of the question

Bergeron knows his time is coming to an end.

You don't screw up that often in that short of a time period and survive in la belle province

Perhaps.  But I doubt t there's a gm in the league that views Sutter as a top 6 scoring centre 

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

fair enough , but he could fill in 2nd line minutes until they find or draft someone better couldn't he ?

even if he plays 3rd line minutes there it would help before the season is lost imo

2 hours ago, qwijibo said:

:lol:  Who do the Habs have at centre (especially with Chucky coming our way) that’s a better centre than Sutter?  Drouin?  He’s not even a centre!  Plekanic?  He’s getting up there in age, and is mostly a role player now.  Shaw?  He’s an excellent 4th line guy.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

:lol:  Who do the Habs have at centre (especially with Chucky coming our way) that’s a better centre than Sutter?  Drouin?  He’s not even a centre!  Plekanic?  He’s getting up there in age, and is mostly a role player now.  Shaw?  He’s an excellent 4th line guy.  

Drouin has been and is playing centre. Plekanec is still a superior defensive centre despite his age. Danualt put up very strong lid numbers as the top line centre playing with Pacioretty last season.   Regardless. The point is Montreal isn't going to move their most valuable trade chip for a third line centre.  And Sutter is a third line centre. 

14 minutes ago, Kelly Green said:

fair enough , but he could fill in 2nd line minutes until they find or draft someone better couldn't he ?

even if he plays 3rd line minutes there it would help before the season is lost imo

They have Danault who can do that without having to move Galchenyuk 

Just now, qwijibo said:

Drouin has been and is playing centre. Plekanec is still a superior defensive centre despite his age. Danualt put up very strong lid numbers as the top line centre playing with Pacioretty last season.   Regardless. The point is Montreal isn't going to move their most valuable trade chip for a third line centre.  And Sutter is a third line centre. 

I agree that Sutter is a third line centre.  However, on Montreal he would be their best centre, regardless of the line.  Montreal’s very poor centre play is a big contributor to their current woes.  I wouldn’t trade Chucky for Sutter either.  The Habs should move Price, and get the early jump on a full rebuild.  That’s my two cents:)

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I agree that Sutter is a third line centre.  However, on Montreal he would be their best centre, regardless of the line.  Montreal’s very poor centre play is a big contributor to their current woes.  I wouldn’t trade Chucky for Sutter either.  The Habs should move Price, and get the early jump on a full rebuild.  That’s my two cents:)

I disagree. Danault is far better suited for top 6!minutes than Sutter , so is drouin. Sutter and Plekanec are roughly on par. 

10 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

it would be a desperate move for sure, but i see these are desperate time in montreal

Archived