The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] can Loui be traded?

JM_

Unless there is some health problem he's having that we're unaware of, I believe he'll come through with a worthy performance this season. He's not used to being a lunch pail guy, his own personal pride should propel him. Let's see where we are by Christmas.

The best way to try and deal with LE would be to keep looking for any team ala ARI looking to keep above the floor and offer him up with a decent prospect to sweeten the deal, and take back a young palatable third liner in return.  That's probably Bennings only move and one that we'd be fortunate to have.

On 10/13/2017 at 1:56 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

I've been one of Loui's biggest supporters (backed up with stat's even) but if we're not going to use him as intended - as a top 6, skilled 2-way player that cleans up in front of the net - then we have to find a way to move him. He is not a bottom 6 player and will continue to stagnate in that role. 

So.... what are the options moving forward?

We could retain salary. We could take another problem player in return. Is there a fit anywhere in the league?

And please don't make this Loui-hate thread, this is about options going forward.   

i hear Chicago has a really lucky bag of pucks.

11 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

i hear Chicago has a really lucky bag of pucks.

and a small elf named Gary. 

If we ever do end up trading Loui to the right team I can't wait for the endless "why didn't he do that with us" ranting. Oh well. All I can say is "Loui-Bo-Boeser" over and over and try to will that into existence. 

On 15/10/2017 at 5:01 AM, Horvat is a Boss said:

I made a proposal that had Vegas taking Eriksson off our hands in exchange for a couple prospects. People didn't like it at that time. 

I didn't hate your proposal. Thought it was a bit of an overpayment to get rid of a contract that isn't a big issue to us for now.

Some people really didn't like it though. Just depends on whether someone thinks Loui is negative value and by how much

I think it’s best just to suck up the fact we have an overpaid 3rd liner for the next 3-5 seasons. When his contract becomes a modified-NTC, he’d probably be easy to trade with a 30-50% salary rentention, but until then you might as well keep him killing penalties and scoring 25-30 points. There are definitely worse players to have in your lineup. 

If im the Canucks, I’m not that worried about overpaying LE right now. We have no huge contracts to sign coming up (with the exception of BRock Boeser in 2019) so it’s not like we need the 3-4 mill extra that LE is taking. 

Canucks currently have like 2.5 million in cap space playing in the minors rn (megna, Chaput, weircoch, Boucher, Bachman, Rodin) that will be coming off the books, plus the Sedins contract will be cut in half (at the very least) next season, plus a bigger contract like Edler, Tanev, Sutter, etc. May be traded. Canucks don’t really give up anything Holding on to LE until his 2nd last ye of contract 

Archived