The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

On 2/18/2020 at 11:02 AM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Bollocks. The first is amazing I can't imagine any following season being better than that

Yup. Just finished it. Definitely my favourite.

Season one had the star power. Season two had horse dung. Season three had best acting and story.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

I started re-watching "Justified" for the second time it's pretty awesome, IMHO.

Call me Timothy Olyphant Fanboy but I'll be watching Deadwood (again) after this. A young Clint Eastwood reincarnate.

I first saw Timothy in 2007 movie Hitman, then 2011 I Am Number Four. 

He is currently in 2020 season of Fargo

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0648249/

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

I started re-watching "Justified" for the second time it's pretty awesome, IMHO.

Call me Timothy Olyphant Fanboy but I'll be watching Deadwood (again) after this. A young Clint Eastwood reincarnate.

I'm watching this for the first time (on Prime). Well into season 2. It's good!

30 minutes ago, gurn said:

I first saw Timothy in 2007 movie Hitman, then 2011 I Am Number Four. 

He is currently in 2020 season of Fargo

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0648249/

Can't wait for this to hit Netflix. If you haven't watched Fargo yet, do it... It's fantastic.

Edited by D-Money
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 2/25/2020 at 7:44 AM, Monty said:

Better Call Saul - S05E01

This show continues to be severely underrated. The writing, directing, editing, and acting are top notch.

Wonderful season premiere.

I'm in season 4 (Netflix). Love it.

I'm probably one of the few who like it more than Breaking Bad. The characters/actors that were only supporting guys in BB are far more interesting as Central characters than Jesse and Walt's family (IMO). 

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

I'm in season 4 (Netflix). Love it.

I'm probably one of the few who like it more than Breaking Bad. The characters/actors that were only supporting guys in BB are far more interesting as Central characters than Jesse and Walt's family (IMO). 

3 episodes into season 5, now. It’s just so good. The show really has turned into its own separate thing, now. Enough time has passed that, if one has never seen Breaking Bad and started Better Call Saul, it wouldn’t be necessary to see it at all. It holds up as its own thing. 

In season 5, they are leaning hard into him as Saul Goodman, now. It’s also sad to see him succeeding as the scummy lawyer he’s becoming with his shady way of getting things done, while his girlfriend Kim Wexler (the excellent Rhea Sheahorn), sees her as a far superior lawyer and of intellect, but just getting beaten down and not succeeding as much. It’s like Saul (Jimmy) can only succeed at the expense of Kim failing. He’s so toxic to her.

Jonathan Banks as Mike Ehrmantraut also continues to shine in, what has become a very complex character.

• Upvote 1

The Outsider 8/10

Enjoyed it, although the last few episodes weren't as strong as the first 5 episodes which were REALLY good.  Vibes of True Detective S1 when the show is at its best, a little more like stranger things when it's not, but definitely worth checking out if you want a crime drama with a blend of horror in it.  

• Upvote 1

The New Pope.

The season finale was on last night.  I've watched both seasons (the first season was called The Young Pope).   I really enjoyed watching this season yet if you were to ask me what it was about, I couldn't say.

Beautifully filmed, with terrific sets and carefully staged shots, with apparently meaningful dialogue - a very intriguing series.  And now I'm going to Google to see what it all meant.

7 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Curb Season 10: LD is back. 

The season's first episode and the one with Jon Hamm were instant classics.

Stopped watching Curb back in 2007 or 2008. Might be time to revisit.

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Season 9 was awful. Can't remember much about Season 8... but Season 10 is worth the investment. 

I don't remember much of season 7 (looks like 2009 was the last season I watched). Only that it was the "Seinfeld reunion". 

Did not watch season 8 or 9. Maybe I'll try season 10.

But still probably not.