The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

Ted Lasso = Jason Sudekis is amazing in this series 9/10

Perry Mason (HBO) - loved the cinematography in this one 8/10

The Watchmen (HB0) = another great series as i felt they did the movie/graphic novel justice 9/10

The Outsider (based on the Stephen King novel) - not a bad adaptation - Ben Mendelsohn was fantastic in it 8.5/10

Currently halfway through Raised By Wolves - great so far

Heard through a few places that The Queens Gambit was a good show. Saw what it was about and didn't think it would be my cup of tea, but decided to watch it anyways.  Ended up watching 2 episodes back to back and looking forward to continuing watching more. 

• Cheers 1

On 10/31/2020 at 10:48 AM, Down by the River said:

The Boys Episode 1: 8/10. 

As if we didn't have enough superhero shows. But this one is with an obviously different tone (superheroes = bad guys). It seems like kind of a lazy idea but it worked, at least in the first episode. Some good laugh out loud moments. Available on Prime. 

Wait until you get into the series a bit.......entertaining, but there are some times, I am not sure you want your 7 year old daughter watching...........

• Like 1

The Mandalorian, The Marshall (S2 E1) - 8/10

First, the bad... Like episodes 4-6 of season 1, this is a sidequest episode. But quality-wise, it is more like episode 6 (The Prisoner) than the very weak 4 & 5. And the writing and plot devices are a bit contrived, especially in the beginning.

But the good? It’s an absolute blast. Full of fan service, and personally took me back to watching Tremors as a kid.

4 hours ago, D-Money said:

The Mandalorian, The Marshall (S2 E1) - 2/10

First, the bad... Like episodes 4-6 of season 1, this is a sidequest episode. But quality-wise, it is more like episode 6 (The Prisoner) than the very weak 4 & 5. And the writing and plot devices are a bit contrived, especially in the beginning.

But the good? It’s an absolute blast. Full of fan service, and personally took me back to watching Tremors as a kid.

Interesting. I agree with almost everything you said, except I'd give the episode a solid 2/10. The sidequest/fetchquest part you mentioned is becoming a real problem with Star Wars. Go to a place to find a thing to go to another place to get a thing.

The biggest problem my wife and I had with the episode was that it took place on Tattooine, again. My wife made a humorous observation 5 minutes in when it went back there, "For a place that's supposed to be remote, where people escape to get away and hide, everything in this universe seems to go back to this remote desert planet where people appear to harvest and eat sand for a living."

It was nice to see Timothy Olyphant, who absolutely steals anything he's in. Immediately made me think, "Why is he not playing The Mandalorian?" So that made me sad.

The Mandalorian - S02E02

This one was a lot more enjoyable than last weeks episode. Don't want to give too much away, but the two things I really liked about it were:

1. Showing just how much of a detriment and liability Baby Yoda is; and

2. That the Rebels, just like people in real life, aren't all good. That compromise is needed and important.

That second part regarding the Rebels is such a minor part of this episode, like the final 2 minutes, but it was a nice add to show that people need to make "the right" decision. They aren't the law, so it's nice to see that.

But the Baby Yoda thing was really nice to see. I've been incredibly indifferent to "him" as a character. Don't like or dislike. Cuteness doesn't add character development or story to a TV show or movie. So it was refreshing to go through an entire episode where you're like, "F**k, this thing just sucks."

Edited by Monty

6 hours ago, D-Money said:

How can you tell @Monty is a tired father?

Saying this makes me think of just how much of a child that character is lol. You're so right. This episode really shows how much it doesn't listen and ultimately made things worse.

Warrior 

Its into its second season and I find it one of the better shows to watch.

9/10 

Its set in San Francisco’s Chinatown in the aftermath of the civil war, it tells a story about a martial arts fighter from China who finds himself caught in the bloody Chinatown Tong wars. 

On 10/30/2020 at 9:50 PM, D-Money said:

And Superstore may not be a classic sitcom, but it’s one of the better series currently running (at least among the family-friendly ones, anyways). Consistently funny.

Wife and I watched the first 4 episodes yesterday. It's fun.

• Cheers 1

Homeland

Got back into the show.  Everything post Brodie storyline has been absolutely amazing.  Starting S8 now and its looking like a great finish to the show.  I think the back half of the show absolutely knocks it out of the park.  Claire Danes is a beast.  

Blood of Zeus

Fun show.  Most of netflix animated stuff they've produced has been good.  I think I watched the first season in 1 sitting.  

Dragon's Dogma

So so.  Monsters were pretty cool though.

Night School

For a silly comedy I thought it had some hilarious moments.  Two thumbs up.

Just binged the whole of Schitts creek. Series one started off slow and was a slog.

but after that it really grows and you actually start to get sucked into the characters. For what is a light hearted comedy they really cover some hard topics without it feeling contrived or forced but natural.

I’m supprised I liked it as much as I did and would give it a 7.5/10

• 4 weeks later...