The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Michael Chaput

-Vintage Canuck-

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled centre Michael Chaput from the AHL Utica Comets.

Chaput, 25, has appeared in four games for the Utica Comets this season, recording two points (1-1-2) and six penalty minutes. 

Last season, the Ile-Bizard, Quebec native established career highs in goals (4), assists (5), points (9) and games played (68) and won 52.7% of face-offs taken. Over the course of his career, Chaput has played in 126 NHL games and collected 17 points (6-11-17).

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-recall-michael-chaput/c-291984372

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Interesting. Boucher and Goldobin have racked up plenty of points, yet we bring in Chaput. Green must want a center, but I thought Eriksson was injured? 

Sutter is not feeling well either so Chappy makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Could be Sutter that's out, hence the C call-up. Reports are that Sutter is just feeling unwell. If it was merit based, and a winger to replace Eriksson, you'd have to think it'd be one of Boucher/Goldobin. Utica's meager centre depth takes another hit. 

We already have wingers to replace Eriksson. Rather than scratching one of Boeser/Virtanen (or Burmistrov), they'll now be playing.

Goldobin needs more practice time at AHL so Chaput does make sense just to back up Sutter if he cannot go tomorrow.  The Canucks is in East Coast trip so Utica is just a short flight away if there's another injury during the trip.  He is more likely to stay in for a few days, if not more.   The Canucks is more likely to send back Chaput and call up someone once the trip is over.  

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Considering there was no update on Eriksson, he may be out for a while.

If Sutter plays next game, then I think Chaput will likely be our 13th forward.

If Sutter doesn't play next game, then Chaput, Virtanen, Boeser will all be in the lineup.

Eriksson didn't travel with the team so I'm guessing he's out for at least the remainder of October.

30 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Interesting. Boucher and Goldobin have racked up plenty of points, yet we bring in Chaput. Green must want a center, but I thought Eriksson was injured? 

He wants Utica to win :P

Archived