The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Michael Chaput

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, mll said:

It's probably also because they have an excess of veterans in Utica.  So rather a vet to sit with the Canucks.

This is probably true. Didn't think of it until you mentioned it.

33 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

If the lines next game are similar to today's practice, it would be something like:

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund
Baertschi - Burmistrov - Boeser
Gagner - Horvat - Vanek
Dorsett - Sutter/Chaput - Virtanen

Please tell me Burmistrov won't be on as the 2nd line C. Switch him and Horvat up and I'm happy. Glad we have a coach who is wiling to make changes when things aren't working (here's looking at you Willie let's try the same thing a million times, one time it'll surely work Desjardins). Putting Granlund back with the Sedins is a smart move given how well they played last year.

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Goldy is getting PK time - I'll repeat that - PK time down in Utica and he's doing well. Lets leave that be for a while, we'll get a great player soon. 

Sutter is not feeling well either so Chappy makes sense. 

2 hours ago, logic said:

I would keep goldy down from 10-20 games building confidence, playing PK ect before we call him up

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Phew our problems are over now 

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its also leather chaps night. no really. 

awesome posts

34 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Edler and Sutter down already.

Sounds like a Canuck season lol.

Granlund Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Virtanen

Baertschi Gagner Dorsett

Burmistrov Chaput Vanek

I'm not sure I see the value of having vanek on the fourth line.  but given the other lines you've set up the only other option for the fourth would be jake and that serves no purpose either.

i saw one of your earlier posts suggesting virt with the sedins which I would like to see.

personally id give Archie a chance on the fourth over vanek but that's not going to happen for obvious optic and peace keeping reasons.

Goldy is getting PK time - I'll repeat that - PK time down in Utica and he's doing well. Lets leave that be for a while, we'll get a great player soon. 

And Chaput can sit in the press box if they don't actually need him. Later in the season it may make sense to call up someone to get an NHL paycheck but sit in the press box, but not this early.

11 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

Please tell me Burmistrov won't be on as the 2nd line C. Switch him and Horvat up and I'm happy. Glad we have a coach who is wiling to make changes when things aren't working (here's looking at you Willie let's try the same thing a million times, one time it'll surely work Desjardins). Putting Granlund back with the Sedins is a smart move given how well they played last year.

Green doesn't really go by line numbers.  The Sedins have always been listed as the 1st line but they are 6th and 7th in ice time among forwards.  It does look though as Green wants to play Burmistrov with Baer and Boeser.  They were also on the same PP unit at practice -  they just went by lines for the forwards with three power play units.

Archived