The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mr. Lahey Has Left the Trailer Park. RIP

Warhippy

http://www.cbc.ca/1.4357370

John Dunsworth, beloved actor best known as Mr. Lahey, has died

Trailer Park Boys actor died today after a 'short and unexpected illness,' his daughter has confirmed

CBC News

13 Minutes Ago

FILM GENIES 20100412 John Dunsworth arrives at the 30th annual Genie Awards in Toronto on Monday April 12, 2010. (Chris Young/The Canadian Press)

John Dunsworth, a Nova Scotia actor best known as the irreverent trailer park manager Jim Lahey, has passed away at the age of 71.

Dunsworth played Mr. Lahey on Trailer Park Boys, and is also known for his portrayal of Dave Teagues in the series Haven

"With heavy and broken hearts the family of John F. Dunsworth would like to let people know that our amazing husband, father and grandfather John Dunsworth has passed away," his daughter Sarah Dunsworth said in a statement to CBC.

"John left this world peacefully after a short and unexpected illness," her statement said. 

Originally from Bridgewater, N.S., he was a part in the Nova Scotia theatre and acting community for decades

Met him and Randy at the junior ranks when I was at CFB Borden in 2006.

They had a comedy show where they stayed in character and did funny skits.

Had a 30 minute conversation with Lahey (out of character at this time) and he was so nice, genuinely wanted to know about me and why I joined the Army. He even bought me a drink! When he 1st walked up to me he called me the 'biggest #$%# bird of #$%# valley.' Told him i've been called worse and he had a big chuckle, that's what started our small chat.

10 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Been sat here for a while now absorbing this loss and appreciating the impact this man had on my life.

In the strangest way, this guy was always in my thoughts. I think a lot of us are probably feeling this right now. I'm actually quite upset about this. 

To me he was the trailer park boys. 

Honestly, this is pretty heavy. I grew up laughing my ass off at TPB! Those guys kept me entertained for years. To me, it was one of the first shows that really broke the rules with all the exposure of liquor and drugs. Show could even teach you a few things. I'm hoping they have a creative way of having Lahey make an ultimate exit off the show.

"The liquor is calling the shots, Randy."

Just now, diesel_3 said:

Honestly, this is pretty heavy. I grew up laughing my ass off at TPB! Those guys kept me entertained for years. To me, it was one of the first shows that really broke the rules with all the exposure of liquor and drugs. Show could even teach you a few things. I'm hoping they have a creative way of having Lahey make an ultimate exit off the show.

"The liquor is calling the shots, Randy."

The show definitely defined a very tumultuous period in my life, TPB kept me sane and my mind off all the $&!# I was dealing with at the time. TPB will always have a special place in my heart.

Archived