The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, nuck-lifer said:

Kinda reminds me of Mikael Samuelsson when he was lined up with Kesler and Raymond. had attitude on and off the ice but got the job done.

Gagner- Horvat - Vanek maybe can get the same magic going. You have your smaller winger that can make some plays happen for the stronger line mates, the power center that drives hard through the middle, and the shooting winger that can get the puck on net from any angle.

Hope Greener keeps these guys together for a game or 2 to see what they can do.

Just had a feeling throughout the whole game that Ottawa was not going to score a goal tonight - even in the 1st.

Nilsson's positioning is great in addition to being huge and quick - that was impressive.

The whole blueline was so composed - scarcely noticed Pouliot in a positive way (he made no mistakes, blew no coverages, did not turn the puck over).  Gudbranson and Tanev were solid. 

Vanek - haha - was having a lousy night - passing the puck with an open net (turning into a Sedin), mindless icing, marginal 'slash' when he was frustrated and then buries it all with an angry breakaway goal.

Surprising that anyone had decent underlying numbers after that first period, but they gave up only 15 shots in the second and third. 

Sutter was outstanding - with 12% ozone starts, break-even 50% corsi, rung a post and disallowed goal while pitching a shutuout in shutdown.  But not 'exciting' enough - not 'sexy' hockey lol.

F'n eh Canucks! 

Nilsson's fivehole looked like a jack-pot,

I was worried

Rebound's bouncing off foam pads like pinballs,

Had me discouraged....

But he got a shutout!!!

Bet the Sens.Are.Pi**ed! 

I know my wife is!!

Bahahaaa! 

Yes. Victory is sweet 

(Jake got benched for shooting instead of crashing, that's gotta be it. And it's not a bad point really. Jake needs to use that speed and size to crash the net from the RW. Yet he snipes from the left circle?!!?)

Vanek is going to be a fun playerr to watch when he's angry because he brings a lot of emotion. Drops about a million f bombs here and there, turns on goon mode, makes funny ass face expressions, and then takes a slapshot on a breakaway angrily. I didn't even cheer when he scored, i straight up laughed and thought that was one of the most funniest goals ive seen. Just the sheer anger in his face during that breakaway and that slapper, LOL

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:

They will probably get it.

This is the year I'm actually cheering for the Oilers to win because if they lose this season, you already know they're winning lottery and somehow get Dahlin then it's game over for 10 years

Archived