The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators

-Vintage Canuck-

39 minutes ago, logic said:

Hutton was very noticable for me tonight, did an excellent job of moving the puck out of the d zone tonight.

Agreed, glad he is getting some confidence back after being suffocated by Willie's system.  It takes time to undo that system. I've seen some flashes by his preseason play 2 season ago, tonight.  Keep it up, Hutton. 

1 minute ago, coolboarder said:

Agreed, glad he is getting some confidence back after being suffocated by Willie's system.  It takes time to undo that system. I've seen some flashes by his preseason play 2 season ago, tonight.  Keep it up, Hutton. 

Gettin used to Guddy again I think is helping too

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I hope you're wrong, but have no insight. Though, I thought Dorsett looked a bit shook up as he was walking down the tunnel after the 1st period, but he still finished the game so it must have been nothing.

In the fight Dorsett went head first into the boards when the fight went to the ice. May have jarred the neck a bit? Time will tell. Horvat’s play is the only reason I think he is still hurt and his playing time. 

17 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Put the C on him.    Kid seems to show up every game.   I think he is a keeper....

You are right, however I think Bo is the better choice. Just my opinion. Can't go wrong either way, but if you were to give either of them the C it would have to be after Hank and Danny are gone.

I had to work and thus missed the game tonight, but I'm so happy to hear they played well. Hopefully this will be a wakeup call for the protesting fans that we aren't as bad as they think, and that they also realize that we can be competitive and exciting to watch during our rebuilding phase. 

It's so early in the season, and our team has lots of new faces that are going through the gelling phase. Patience is a must. Our future is much, much brighter than some of our fans think. 

37 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He wasn't perfect, but he has made a couple of steps up from the erratic, sloppy play he's had in the last couple of games. 

He's overthinking the game right now. You can tell that by one play in the Ottawa end skating a couple feet off the boards as the pass comes along the wall allowing the Ottawa player to get possession. He obviously thought I'll just start heading to the net for the pass without having the puck. He's thinking a step ahead rather then letting the game come to him right now. This also happened a couple more times where he was caught looking around for the next play and not focusing on the puck only to zoom in to focus and battle hard to win the puck back to his credit. This game was definitely a step forward for him and he played pretty well, but until he stops overthinking things and simplifies his game there's going to be more Hutton "oopsies" in the future.

13 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

How about 4 capable goalies?  ;)   Lots to choose from in near future. Going to get a very good returns coming our way to fill our needs if they all panned out. 

I know Bo is in a bit of a funk but he’ll work it out.He was acquired with a goalie 

10 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I think playing in Ottawa in front of family had him pumped.  Shows what he can do if he puts in that effort every night...

Archived