The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tillman wants the NHL in Houston

3 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

If Houston gets a team before Quebec just wow.

Both Seattle and Quebec would be better markets than Houston.

Florida/Carolina/Phoenix need to be moved.

The league has 2 teams in Florida, 3 in California, so I don't see why we shouldn't have two in Texas.  Hey!  How about a couple of teams in Mexico??  We have one bloody team in Quebec!!!  Get a team back in Quebec City, where hockey is KING.  Having teams where the SHOPPING CHANNEL draws more viewers is insane.  IMHAO, of course:)

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Haha, put me on the spot why don't ya. :lol:

I'm honestly not 100% sure.

But my recollection is that they don't get 3rd lotto position again this year (or in future years).

As far as I remember, it was proposed but rejected early on (multiple years of guaranteed high picks) in the expansion terms discussions, and the final decision was that they'd only get 3rd best odds for 2017, and then it'd be determined by the standings in future drafts.

Can't find a source on this but the 2018 lottery sims certainly don't have Vegas getting any special benefits.

hey I rely on you for real information ^_^

well thats a relief. I must have remembered an earlier story where they were thinking of multiple years of the #3 lotto spot, but man would that be lopsided given where they have started off from. They remind me of Team Europe, doing well despite themselves. 

21 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Just think of the potential new rivalries if what I hope becomes true:

Montreal vs. Quebec

Vancouver vs. Seattle

Dallas vs. Houston

I miss the old battle of Quebec days.

QC is not getting a team. Houston probably does hurt Seattle's chances a bit as well... And be careful with the relocation talk.. Vancouver's attendance is mediocre at best right now and before you know it, it could be the Canucks people are mentioning in the relocation talks. IF FA decides to sell and a buyer wants to move the team, im not so sure the NHL would step in to try to block it. 

2 hours ago, apollo said:

I'm ok with expansion to 32 teams... would even up all the divisions with 8 teams. 

My only problem would be with Jimbo picking our expansion list again. Hopefully he's fired or has no say in it come the 32nd team expansion. Of the 30 teams, considering we finished 2nd last place, it's embarrassing that Jimbo gave them their 2nd best player. Neal being the 1st and Sbisa being the 2nd. 

:bigblush:

I love the relentless Sbisa love +1 hahhahaha

1 minute ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

I love the relentless Sbisa love +1 hahhahaha

LOL... gotta enjoy it while it lasts. Not sure how much longer he'll be #1 on their D in scoring and how much longer VGK will lead the west :P

Just now, apollo said:

LOL... gotta enjoy it while it lasts. Not sure how much longer he'll be #1 on their D in scoring and how much longer VGK will lead the west :P

It wouldn't shock me at all if Sbisa played 1000 games.  He is young, durable, and he has already played a lot of games in the NHL.  He is never going to be a top 3 guy (probably destined at this point to be a 5/6), but 1000 games is a 1000 games.  Lots of experts on here would look pretty bad if he managed to get into the lineup that many times.

I'm not a typical canadian who is anti-bettman, anti-sunbelt, anti-southeast us teams, but for the health of the league:

-move the hurricanes to quebec city

-move the coyotes to seattle

-move the senators to hamilton or gto

-move the panthers to kansas city

-expand to houston

-move the predators to the eastern conference

9 minutes ago, tas said:

I'm not a typical canadian who is anti-bettman, anti-sunbelt, anti-southeast us teams, but for the health of the league:

-move the hurricanes to quebec city

-move the coyotes to seattle

-move the senators to hamilton or gto

-move the panthers to kansas city

-expand to houston

-move the predators to the eastern conference

let keep the Senators in Ottawa, but I like the rest.

16 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

KC already failed once, want to make it twice like Atlanta?

how's florida doing?

kc has a building and has previously had interested buyers. that gives it an advantage over damn near every other vacant market.

42 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

QC is not getting a team. Houston probably does hurt Seattle's chances a bit as well... And be careful with the relocation talk.. Vancouver's attendance is mediocre at best right now and before you know it, it could be the Canucks people are mentioning in the relocation talks. IF FA decides to sell and a buyer wants to move the team, im not so sure the NHL would step in to try to block it. 

And we heard this before back in the late 90"s, Early 2000 from Burkie saying we are one phone call away from moving but that was when the Grizzles were still around. But one question? If F.A sells the franchise and it moves . What are they going to do with  GM place  Since they  own that too when they're main tenent  is gone ? In some ways I can't see the Canucks being relocated.

3 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

If Houston gets a team before Quebec just wow.

Both Seattle and Quebec would be better markets than Houston.

Florida/Carolina/Phoenix need to be moved.

27 million people in Texas, 6 million in the Houston area.  The fourth largest city in the US.  Booming economy and huge television market both here in Texas and into Mexico. And someone with money who has been very successful in business, especially the entertainment industry.

Archived