The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins

taskicon

15 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Excited to seeing more Baertschi Burmistrov Boeser and what kind of magic they have up their sleeves.

24 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Even though it's the first of a back to back game, so both goalies will play regardless, let the goalie controversy officially commence!

First, thanks to the @taskicon for creating a GDT. Not a lot to time left before the game starts at 4 pm Pacific time and it is always nice to the pre-game comments on CDC.

Also, like @AlwaysACanuckFan says, it will be interesting to see 3B line again. They were excellent last game but now we face the question of whether that combo was a one game wonder or the beginning of a long term high productivity line. It would be quite a story to see a rookie, a low cost UFA reclamation project, and a guy picked up in trade for a second round pick emerge as a legitimate first line. I am not expecting it but, as a fan, I am going to allow myself to hope for it.

I don't think there is goalie "controversy". As Travis Green said in the interview posted on CDC, the Canucks said before the season started that they want both guys to push each other and that both would be fighting for the #1 spot or, more generally, for more ice time. If a guys plays well, he will play more. As Green said, neither guy has established himself as a bona fide #1 NHL goalie yet and both guys are at a similar career stage. Both guys have a shot and there is internal competition. I don't see that as controversial. Maybe they end up with a 50-50 split or maybe one guy emerges as a clear #1. Either way, as Green says, it is good to have two promising goalies on the team.

I will also be interested to see how Horvat does. Not sure is still being bothered by a nagging shoulder injury, but I like him with Vanek and Gagner and those guys are due to get on the scoreboard tonight.

1 minute ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Looking forward to this one. Playing Boston still brings back all the old feelings for me - but I block out whatever did or didn’t happen in game 7. 

It was so long ago now that I don't even remember what section I was sitting in, what day it was, who I was with, which jersey I was wearing, or anything else that happened that night. 

Boeser 2pts 

Just now, Green Building said:

It was so long ago now that I don't even remember what section I was sitting in, what day it was, who I was with, which jersey I was wearing, or anything else that happened that night. 

Boeser 2pts 

Haha - exactly. 

Really liked BBB last game and hoping they can build on that momentum. 

Also hoping to see Bo (and JV) rise to the challenge Green’s given him tonight. 

Win or lose  I just want to see a solid game from all the players

Seems like ratboy has turned a new leaf to some degree - he hasn't seemed like such a ______ in the last year

Hope the B line shows up like they did against Ottawa - makes it fun to watch and I really don't know who is the best fit with the Sedins - not Vanek - but a toss between Granny and Ganger

Bo with Vanek and Ganger didn't look all bad either

We have an expensive 4th line but they do get the job done - think maybe Travis is right in not calling any line his 1st or whatever

Go Canucks Go

Would be exciting to come off the road trip  with 6 points

1 minute ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Haha - exactly. 

Really liked BBB last game and hoping they can build on that momentum. 

Also hoping to see Bo (and JV) rise to the challenge Green’s given him tonight. 

Definitely looking forward to Virtanen's game tonight, and hopefully Bo gets out of his little season starting mini-slump and looks like his old self again. Del Zotto hasn't been getting a lot of attention either, and while he's made some mistakes he and Gudbranson have been our best looking D.

Nilsson 31 saves

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Here's how I feel about Boston

GettyImages_200301565-001_wide.jpg?width

I wasn't going to say anything, but you posted this pic so now I have to. They're sewer/storm drain maintenance at the foot of my street and my toilet just backfire sputter exploded a pile of air and water into my bathroom. Not quite like the famous Seinfeld scene, but easily %30 of that.

Good thing nobody was using it at the time, and good thing I'm a habitual flusher. 

I miss the old Bruins/Canucks rivalry. There are many players missing from both teams when it was really heated:

Kesler, Burrows, Torres, Hansen, Raymond, Glass, Higgins, Malhotra, Lapierre, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Ehrhoff, Salo, Rome, Luongo...

Lucic, Horton, Dr. Recchi, Campbell, Kelly, Seguin, Thornton, Paille, Peverley, Ryder, Boychuk, Seidenberg, Ference, Thomas...

Good to be back in Canada. I was in the US over the last 2 1/2 weeks. Interesting what ESPN considers important/entertaining sporting events. Nothing on but college football and poker. Missed hockey.

Was able to watch the last game (@OTT), and was impressed. Nilsson played very well, and I like the Baertschi-Burmistrov-Boeser line.  Looking forward to another Canucks win.  

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins

Archived