The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Erik Gudbranson suspended one game for hit on Frank Vatrano

Apricot

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Guddy needed to make that hit, you take that guy out every time. Vatrano had it coming, for sure you don't get to just turn your ask to the ice and took around with the puck.

Sadly, I can see a bit too much jump in Guddy during the hit to agree with him "crossing the line". 

He still needs to take his man in that situation, just sucks it ended up being right on the numbers and he left his feet.

But I probably do need some heir.

Fair enough. I just noticed your Location. Every second fridge in Vancouver Island. Awesome! I love that swill.

27 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Unlike Edler, Gudbranson will continue to play physically. I don't think he'll be deterred by a chat with George Parros.

Edler had 106 hits last season. Third most in his career. Hate blinders make people ignore the good plays and actually watch for any mistake to jump on. It's an annoying  trait in too many posters. Then if you point out a mistake in on of the favoured players, they attack a totally different player in response. The immaturity level on CDC is at an all-time high.

My point was that Edler got suspended for something that other players got away with. The same thing may happen to Guddy. To use it as an opportunity to kick Edler when he can't even play is low.

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Edler had 106 hits last season. Third most in his career. Hate blinders make people ignore the good plays and actually watch for any mistake to jump on. It's an annoying  trait in too many posters. Then if you point out a mistake in on of the favoured players, they attack a totally different player in response. The immaturity level on CDC is at an all-time high.

There is no denying that Edler toned down his physicality after the "hit" on Hertl. I'm not sure why, but it was evident, and once the Canucks had Gudbranson and Tryamkin, Edler probably felt a weight lift, of having to be the most physical player. I don't hate Edler, so maybe keep it in your pants there, Sparky.

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

My point was that Edler got suspended for something that other players got away with. The same thing may happen to Guddy. To use it as an opportunity to kick Edler when he can't even play is low.

Wow, you're sensitive. Kicking Edler when he cant even play? Hahaha.

Anyways, yes Edler was penalized for Hertl skating into his path and not having his helmet buckled up, I agree. Edler has been very good this season, and pretty good last season as well. He's not my whipping boy, but if you want to continue down the path of delusion, go right ahead.  

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There is no denying that Edler toned down his physicality after the "hit" on Hertl. I'm not sure why, but it was evident, and once the Canucks had Gudbranson and Tryamkin, Edler probably felt a weight lift, of having to be the most physical player. I don't hate Edler, so maybe keep it in your pants there, Sparky.

Wow, you're sensitive. Kicking Edler when he cant even play? Hahaha.

Anyways, yes Edler was penalized for Hertl skating into his path and not having his helmet buckled up, I agree. Edler has been very good this season, and pretty good last season as well. He's not my whipping boy, but if you want to continue down the path of delusion, go right ahead.  

That's some pretty condescending crap.

I was being polite. The immaturity comments were about posters in general, but your response puts you right there.

35 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Guddy needed to make that hit, you take that guy out every time. Vatrano had it coming, for sure you don't get to just turn your back to the ice and tool around with the puck.

Sadly, I can see a bit too much jump in Guddy during the hit.  "crossing the line". 

He still needs to take his man in that situation, just sucks it ended up being right on the numbers and he left his feet.

But I probably do need some hair.

He didn't even try to pin him with a knee, he went right through him. That's called finishing your check. He had options and time, so we have to dump on him a bit, especially since, like we've said, he left his feet to some extent; he didn't really let up. 

Enjoy your coffee, hair-free, and see you in the GDT next time. (Place turned into a bit of a riot!) 

17 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Glass castles, pal. 

12 hours ago, b3. said:

Lol, Kassian murdered Hartman tonight and only gets 2 mins for boarding.

Yeah this just gets more and more retarded as time goes on.
WTF is going on here?
I watched the game. And that is definitely a penalty. 4min because he was cut (by his visor). That's it.
The response instead, is based on the fact that kid got carried off on a stretcher and spent the night in hospital. Which obviously isn't even close to what happened.
This is a ^%$# joke. 

um, maybe my glasses are faulty

but  i see guddy totally pancaking the numbers on the back of the jersey and fully flattening the player face first against the boards

nothing subtle about that hit

it was in the category of

'go big or go home"

cdc hommies can dress it up or rationalize it anyway they wish

but it is the type of hit the nhl is trying to get rid of

in gud's defence he had a split second to make a decision and he made the wrong one

the player was injured (which is why this hit is no longer allowed)

2 games in my view

but well earned guddy . if you are gonna cross the line . make it worthwhile

he did

his physical presence reputation will continue to grow

and put a bit of a chill in the opposition

i think the team can live with this incident

it will help guddy in his contract year

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Your response was quoting my post. But sure....backpedal.

Re-read my response. I was talking about posters who blindly hate or love players.  If you chose to self identify with those type of posters, that is actually your issue. I went on to state my point; and yes Edler is injured therefore he can't play and is open to that type of criticism without the ability to answer with his play.

5 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

but  i see guddy totally pancaking the numbers on the back of the jersey and fully flattening the player face first against the boards

'go big or go home"

in gud's defence he had a split second to make a decision and he made the wrong one

2 games in my view

he did

Well said, coastal. I agree that the actual hit was on the dangerous side, but it was down to split seconds and I also noticed that Gudbranson wasn't exactly happy about afterwards. His fight with Schaller was underwhelming as he was probably still processing how Vatrano was. Normally he would have annihilated a guy like Schaller, but it didn't seem that he was into the fight.

Vatrano was scraped up, but returned to the game, so from a semantics perspective, he wasn't injured, per se.  

5 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

'go big or go home"

2 games in my view

he did

He didn't come charging in at high velocity though.

Many posters are saying five and a game was enough.

That's not homer goggles.

If every similar hit is treated the same henceforth, then okay.

If not, then what?

Nothing, that's what.

We've seen this before!

Archived