The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks recall Patrick Wiercioch

Adarsh Sant

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

I wouldn't mind sitting a Hairy Kneel and adding a door Shaven Kneel in this thread :P

You're gonna regret the day you insulted a Sedin... it's gonna look real silly when they lead us to a cup this year! 

CUP OR BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny-Depp-Crazy-Head.gif

Just now, apollo said:

I wouldn't mind sitting a Hairy Kneel and adding a door Shaven Kneel in this thread :P

You're gonna regret the day you insulted a Sedin... it'sgonna look real silly when they lead us to a cup this year! 

CUP OR BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buying a lawn chair for that!!

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Like Virtanen?

It wasn't long ago that everyone thought Hutton was on the road to stardom. He falters some and many people have tarred and feathered him.

If people would stop looking at player performance in a vacuum, we all wouldn't get our noses out of joint so easily.

8 minutes ago, apollo said:

I'm not giving up on my day dreams until we're 5-10 games below 500 :P

Fair enough, apollo. I'm a diehard fan as well, but I just don't see those two leading this team to the Cup this year, nor leading it much longer.

A new core is emerging and they are going to have to come to grips with the fact that their time is nearly up.

3 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

It wasn't long ago that everyone thought Hutton was on the road to stardom. He falters some and many people have tarred and feathered him.

And you could easily put Virtanen's name in that statement as well. I think Green's treatment of him is calculated and will work to Jake's favor. No reason Ben can't be given that same guidance with the same methods applied.

If people would stop looking at player performance in a vacuum, we all wouldn't get our noses out of joint so easily.

That's not the case here. My nose is just fine. Obviously Green isn't really in the best position to sit him right now, with Gudbranson out for one game, and Edler out until December, but Hutton's mistakes are costing games, in a way Jake's aren't.

As soon as both are back, and if Hutton's play is still poor, he should most definitely sit.

56 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Just a seat warmer, nothing to see here

exactly

and he won't be sitting on the bench either

he'll just be around in case someone gets hurt in practice

or the pregame skate

i think utica plays again tomorrow and he should be returned to them by then

gud is only gonna miss tonight

and there is no way this call up with no nhl experience this year plays ahead of hutton

hutton could use a good skate against a weaker sabres team to bolster his confidence

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks D needs to step up and score some goals. So far, the D only has 2 (both from Tanev of all players)

Indeed. Hutton is having a rough year so far and while Stecher has been okay defensively, he hasn't scored much yet. Edler being out doesn't help either. I'm counting on Del Zotto to pick up a lot of offensive slack.

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I miss Sami Salo's booming slap shot from the point. That being said, I am predicting Wiercioch gets a goal tonight, Salo style.

It doesn't sound like he's playing.  Green said Biega is in and that he's keeping the same lineup.  

11 minutes ago, mll said:

It doesn't sound like he's playing.  Green said Biega is in and that he's keeping the same lineup.  

lol, damn! Well, forget that then. Although, I do like the way Biega plays. Hoping Green eventually puts Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser back together.

56 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Indeed. Hutton is having a rough year so far and while Stecher has been okay defensively, he hasn't scored much yet. Edler being out doesn't help either. I'm counting on Del Zotto to pick up a lot of offensive slack.

Stecher hasn't been given prime minutes until last night.  Hoping that with more minutes he can start being placed in areas to produce.

Archived