The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

proof Brock Boeser can REALLY shoot the puck :-/

ArkDepot

34 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

I never can forget. Not angry we lost. That was inevitable with our lack of depth. Just angry with the utterly one-sided reffing.

We have to let it go on the reffing, we got plenty of chances ( more than they did) on pp, Thomas just stood on his head.  It's painful, not as much as 94 given we weren't contenders and it was and is considered the best final of the modern era with the series being separated by only two goals ( the reffing in that series probably did cost us the cup with Bure getting thrown when he was dominating them, and Messier getting away with a brutal cross-check from behind on Messier).... Ok nevermind I get it.

30 minutes ago, IBatch said:

If he's the next Brett Hull than I suppose we will trade him for a guy like Seabrook and then he will be lights out playing with Kane and co...than we can be contenders to make the playoffs instead of the Calgary comparison as cup contenders, we make the playoffs this year and than???.   Would Aquaman go for it just to get his two or three home games?  

Just ribbing.  Asking Boeser to be Hull is a bit too much, for me I'd be very happy if he is a constistant 30-30 guy, something this team really needs going forward.  I see him as possibly Daniels replacement as a winger on the first line, and am hoping Pettersson or someone yet to be drafted comes out of nowhere in one two years and becomes his Oats.

Not saying can't be a great player, at times looks like their best now.  Just think his style of game is very different than Hull's.  Definitely Brock should be the trigger man like Hull always was.  Hopefully Petterson can turn into the guy the feeds him.

18 hours ago, Rush17 said:

wrister... broke his fibula. WOW!

The wrister got him on the ankle. It was the second shot (slapshot) that broke the fibula

RE Not using Brock the right way on the PP, it seems just in general with ownership, management and coaching throughout the years (been watching the Canucks since 1988), that there is a severe aversion to doing the obvious thing.

As for Brock, he's beginning to build himself a reputation around the league which should get him a little more respect and room to work. I think he's caught a lot of people by surprise with how wicked his shot is, I'd love to see him go up against Ovie, Laine, P. Kane, Kucherov, Stamkos etc in a shooting competition.

If he keeps up his play he may just make the All-Star team as a rookie which would be phenomenal. Also I want to see Dorsett named to the All-Star team just to troll McDavid.

19 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Not saying can't be a great player, at times looks like their best now.  Just think his style of game is very different than Hull's.  Definitely Brock should be the trigger man like Hull always was.  Hopefully Petterson can turn into the guy the feeds him.

We can only dream that Boeser is anything close to Brett Hull, and that some kid up and coming ends up being his Adam Oates.

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

You bet..as the season unfolds we will find out just what Boeser has to offer.  So far he's been everything and more than advertised

Archived