The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Detroit Red Wings

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, combover said:

Good game nice to see some of the snake bit players get a goal. Bear and virt  Both looked effective at both ends. Hutton had a good game too as did markstrom.

suckstetch got hurt it didn’t look good. Glad we still have steady and ready biega. 

Gagner is useless Vanek not far off that either.

either could sit out when gaunce is back and it wouldn’t hurt the team. 

Kronwall has used that tactic to turn games around and create energy for Det. He'll think twice about trying to run Jake again. He's probably not used to getting knocked on his arse.

59 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

teams still don't expect Greeners up ice pressure and forecheck.  If we can get you on your heels the canucks are a very, very hard team to play against. 

I for one, love this pedal to the medal team strategy of up ice pressure and puck pursuit  

More fun for the players, sure as heck more fun for the fans, and they were able to shut it down in the third period, too.

Two good games in a row where our guys set the pace. Green is starting to get through to the team and is using their strengths. 

I am very impressed with how even the scoring is through the lineup. Also nice to see our youth movement leading the way. 

I hope Stecher is OK.

15 minutes ago, combover said:

Good game nice to see some of the snake bit players get a goal. Bear and virt  Both looked effective at both ends. Hutton had a good game too as did markstrom.

suck stetch got hurt it didn’t look good. Glad we still have steady and ready biega. 

Gotta be honest, I think fans are way too hard on Vanek. He does so many little things well. A lot of clever plays. Maybe he is the reason we don't get to see more of Goldy this year, but he is good for this team. 

2 minutes ago, OneSeventeen said:

I've been so impressed with Virtanen so far. He's playing well pretty consistently and it was nice to see him finally score. He sounds so mature in this interview as well. So major props. 

I hope he stays with the Sedins. 

He just needs to keep moving his feet and always be aware because playing with those two guys who look alike will get you chances to score. Do not get complacent and keep working hard. I hope his family keeps him as grounded as possible because not many local kids get a chance like he’s getting now. He can be the next Linden in terms of popularity and respect if he can filter out the negatives and focus on being a difference maker on and off the ice. 

42 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Jake has this infectious happiness in his interviews that he forces himself to reel in after a question is asked in order to sound professional lol. He just looks so stoked and excited to be here. Love you Jakie!

20 minutes ago, combover said:

suck stetch got hurt it didn’t look good. Glad we still have steady and ready biega. 

Gagner is struggling for sure, but Vanek is a .5 PPG player at a 2m cap hit. What did you expect from him? You pay 2m to get a 40 point player every day of the week.

A great team win!  Good to see Virt and Baer get goals.  I love what Travis is doing with this team.  This is how I want to see the Canucks play.  Win or lose, no pushover.  The under 25 year old players are looking solid.

I hear the comments about Gagner and he is struggling a little but we are better with him than without him.  He will be a good mentor for the young guys.  He is also distributing the puck well on the powerplay. The goals will come.  I like how he is hitting some guys even though he is not that big.  I thought he played a pretty good game tonight.  Everybody contributed - including Gagner.

Archived