The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Playoff Watch

Roberts

10 hours ago, Roberts said:

Get the playoff towels ready! :towel::towel::towel:

59ed564cf29a6_playoffspot.thumb.PNG.b3f64bad5504c248d4798e5b3a669f7a.PNG

But seriously, they're doing a fine job so far, few shaky games but I think TG will be good for them. Surprised how good Vegas is doing though..

Vegas is the underdog or underdogs this year, and I'm happy for them given what happened.  The Canucks are doing great especially with goaltending that's all over the map.  It's early yet so no time for tankers to panic yet, we knew that with a coaching change and a different roster things would improve for a time.   Let's see how we do without two defensemen now....if we keep it up until January maybe I will dust off my playoff shirt.

7 hours ago, xereau said:

EDM sucking again.  Just in time to get Dahlin, eh?

Haha.  Ha.

Wait.  Do they do this on purpose?  Is Draisaitl in on it and sipping beer by the pool with two perfectly ok eyes?

With their luck IF they are the sixteenth lotto team we should worry.

20 minutes ago, IBatch said:

What sort of threads will pop up if we go on say a four game winning streak...?

Oh the usual 

Green for the Jack Adams

Canucks Rebuild! Stanley Cup next?

If Canucks keep this up we will win the division. 

It'll be worse if we go on a 4 game losing streak. 

12 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Canucks were also 4-3-1 last season after eight games.

The difference this year.....we have more depth and we don't have WD.....I have been calling this a playoff team since the start of training camp...we are now down 2 of our top 4 D.,....but we have the depth to deal with losing one or 2 more with Biega, Holm and Wiercoich ready to step in and Chatfield could hold his own by early next year I would think....

This team is markedly more unified in their play this year. There is way more tangible chemistry evident throughout the roster, and the pace of the games is faster, more aggressive, and purposeful. As well, the Canucks are far more assertive, and far less welcoming in their own end.

This is the type of team that, if taken lightly, will make things very difficult for the opposition.

14 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

The difference this year.....we have more depth and we don't have WD.....I have been calling this a playoff team since the start of training camp...we are now down 2 of our top 4 D.,....but we have the depth to deal with losing one or 2 more with Biega, Holm and Wiercoich ready to step in and Chatfield could hold his own by early next year I would think....

Don't be fooled by Edmonton and even ANAs bad starts.  Same with the Central who could easily claim the two wild card spots with WNP and Dallas on the war path.  Same with Vegas, a fairy tail start no doubt but how are they going to handle their top two goalies out?  Vancouver has a chance for sure, but the decks stacked against them.  Green seems to by doing as best as we could hope so far rolling four lines, it's hard to defend against...let's revisit in January.

4 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Don't be fooled by Edmonton and even ANAs bad starts.  Same with the Central who could easily claim the two wild card spots with WNP and Dallas on the war path.  Same with Vegas, a fairy tail start no doubt but how are they going to handle their top two goalies out?  Vancouver has a chance for sure, but the decks stacked against them.  Green seems to by doing as best as we could hope so far rolling four lines, it's hard to defend against...let's revisit in January.

Sure...sure...it's early ....but things are different this year with Green at the helm ....and we still have Rodin, Gaunce and Goldy for callups that will make the roster when they get here....

Don't know what's up with Rodin not playing in Utica ( except that Utica isn't playing either...one game in a 12 day strech which they are in the middle of now....but I would MUCH rather have Rodin in the lineup than Gagner or Burmistrov...Gagner has done nothing for 3 games now and not much before.

As soon as Gaunce is ready I would have them both in the lineup over G. and B.,....

9 minutes ago, IBatch said:

This early peaking and wrench into the rebuild strategy was forecasted by many.

If this team does not get into lotto contention, they are then rebuilding at the same pace as Chicago, for instance. 

Damned if they do. Dammed if they don't. 

Long way to go, and definitely do not expect playoffs, however....

This team is far more energetic and fast than the team last year. The points they earned last year was earned by hard graft, and it was definitely not sustainable...

There is more of a fluency about the team this year, plus the fact they got more strings to play on. 

Sedins are not the only go to guys any more, and that has made a huge difference.

Will it last? Probably - most likely not, but man are they ever more joyous to watch. And the fact there is far more to come makes it even more enjoyable...

Only problem here is the dream of the swedish wonder seems a long way away....

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This team is markedly more unified in their play this year. There is way more tangible chemistry evident throughout the roster, and the pace of the games is faster, more aggressive, and purposeful. As well, the Canucks are far more assertive, and far less welcoming in their own end.

This is the type of team, that if taken lightly, will make things very difficult for the opposition.

thats all true. We don't quite have the depth yet to survive a run of multiple significant injuries but its so much more fun to watch this style of play. We'll see where Stecher is at later today, hopefully thats not too severe. 

Green's use of Pouliot as been great so far. He's only been credited with one giveaway so far in 5 games and he's at 28% d-zone starts so Green is really giving this guy a chance to gain some confidence (https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/p/poulide01.html). 

Archived