The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

StubHub Canada Direct Deposit

-NIGHTCRAWLER-

38 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

This.

I sometimes have to wire big sums around for work and it is amazing how often bank staff either 1) supply wire details with errors or 2) enter the wire details wrong when setting up the wire. Doesn't matter if its 50 million dollars or a stub hub transaction, they consistently screw it up so new to protect yourself by hand holding as much as you can.

I’ll definitely keep this in mind, thank-you.

1 hour ago, Salmonred said:

Thanks for this.  I think my account setup got messed up like yours.  I believe the issue is w the aba #.  Gotta go to rbc now and deal w stubhub, such a pain .  They should do test deposits before account is confirmed.

Yes they should, or at the very least provide us with more details as to why a deposit was declined. It would make fixing the issue much easier.

I checked out the RBC website and found the correct ABA/Routing number for receiving US funds, it’s 021000021. Re-enter your direct deposit information in your profile then contact SH and ask them to re-send your payment. I talk to them through chat support on the app, wait times aren’t long and it’s available 24/7.

On 10/25/2017 at 11:42 PM, -NIGHTCRAWLER- said:

Yes they should, or at the very least provide us with more details as to why a deposit was declined. It would make fixing the issue much easier.

I checked out the RBC website and found the correct ABA/Routing number for receiving US funds, it’s 021000021. Re-enter your direct deposit information in your profile then contact SH and ask them to re-send your payment. I talk to them through chat support on the app, wait times aren’t long and it’s available 24/7.

Thanks for this.  Sure enough I got a rejection email today.  I again contacted my bank, and they told me to use the SWIF code instead but it's invalid on stubhub lol.  I used the ABA number you listed there, RBC said it's a re routing thru JP Morgan chase for US funds being sent originating in the US....so let's hope this works now.  Will keep you posted and thanks for your help either way!!  

3 minutes ago, Curt said:

Wow! I'm an accountant but this is all too complicated for me (Or nor worth the trouble). Based on your experiences I will continue getting paid by Stubhub using my paypal account.

Yeah Curt, if my last attempt to fix the issue doesn’t work I’ll do the same. This was supposed to make things easier and cheaper but it just hasn’t been worth all the trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

Im officially done w trying to setup rbc direct deposit w stubhub.  Got a second rejection using the jp morgan aba.   Just going to do paypal. 

Out of curiosity has anybody set it up successfully to receive funds?  Nightcrawler? 

I just couldnt get it to work w the rbc chequing us account. 

On 2017-11-05 at 1:15 AM, Salmonred said:

Im officially done w trying to setup rbc direct deposit w stubhub.  Got a second rejection using the jp morgan aba.   Just going to do paypal. 

Out of curiosity has anybody set it up successfully to receive funds?  Nightcrawler? 

I just couldnt get it to work w the rbc chequing us account. 

I just checked my account and my payments were finally received earlier today. It turns out the account information RBC gave me initially was wrong, and the StubHub instructions for setting up direct deposit in Canada need to be updated. I’ve told them but we’ll see if they actually make the changes.

The account you need is the RBC US High Interest eSavings account. StubHub is allegedly working on developing partnerships with other Canadian banks but currently, this account is the one you need. On StubHub you must enter your full name exactly as it appears on the RBC account. Although it’s called a savings account it is in fact a chequing account so make sure you designate it as such during the set-up process. The correct ABA/Routing number is 026004093 not 021000021 which is the number RBC initially gave me. When I inquired about this the rep I spoke with couldn’t tell me why the latter didn’t work. She said one or the other should work but in my case it was the former. Lastly, when it asks for your account number you must include the transit number of your branch in front of it. Enter the 5-digit transit number followed by your 7-digit account number. Without the transit number the bank doesn’t know which branch to send your money to.

I hope this helps. I’m questioning whether this was worth the hastle but at least I got it figured out, I was getting really irritated lol. Receiving payments will be easier from now on.

This is a link to the page I found that helped me, big thanks to this guy.

https://bradt.ca/blog/transfer-from-paypal-to-a-us-dollar-account-at-a-canadian-bank/

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2017 at 10:30 PM, -NIGHTCRAWLER- said:

I just checked my account and my payments were finally received earlier today. It turns out the account information RBC gave me initially was wrong, and the StubHub instructions for setting up direct deposit in Canada need to be updated. I’ve told them but we’ll see if they actually make the changes.

The account you need is the RBC US High Interest eSavings account. StubHub is allegedly working on developing partnerships with other Canadian banks but currently, this account is the one you need. On StubHub you must enter your full name exactly as it appears on the RBC account. Although it’s called a savings account it is in fact a chequing account so make sure you designate it as such during the set-up process. The correct ABA/Routing number is 026004093 not 021000021 which is the number RBC initially gave me. When I inquired about this the rep I spoke with couldn’t tell me why the latter didn’t work. She said one or the other should work but in my case it was the former. Lastly, when it asks for your account number you must include the transit number of your branch in front of it. Enter the 5-digit transit number followed by your 7-digit account number. Without the transit number the bank doesn’t know which branch to send your money to.

I hope this helps. I’m questioning whether this was worth the hastle but at least I got it figured out, I was getting really irritated lol. Receiving payments will be easier from now on.

This is a link to the page I found that helped me, big thanks to this guy.

https://bradt.ca/blog/transfer-from-paypal-to-a-us-dollar-account-at-a-canadian-bank/

Thanks so much for this....I just got around to changing the RBC to High Interest Savings (from chequing), and will set it up with Stubhub.  After all this it might not even benefit me that much tho, I sold most of the marquee games already, and didn't want to risk not getting my money, so I used paypal.  However, maybe some games will still sell (Tampa Bay or Boston), so THANKS!

• 1 year later...

Well I am glad I found a topic about this but can anyone help me out recently stubhub has opened direct deposit to canadian banks, used Tangerine but I have received a rejected by bank once and recently changed to CIBC gonna see if it goes through I am still unsure if it was a mistake of me setting up the transit, instution and account number that is the usual reply when you tell them you have a problem with the bank hopefully it will work out but I am pretty sure I did not enter the numbers wrong I would look at the twice but anyone have experience with direct deposit from stubhub to canadian banks??

Archived