The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

farewell my friends

Lil B From The Pack

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Among nature’s most exquisite adaptations are examples in which natural selection has favored a species (the mimic) to resemble a second, often unrelated species (the model) because it confuses a third species (the receiver). For example, the individual members of a nontoxic species that happen to resemble a toxic species may dupe any predators by behaving as if they are also dangerous and should therefore be avoided. In this way, adaptive resemblances can evolve via natural selection. When this phenomenon—dubbed “mimicry”—was first outlined by Henry Walter Bates in the middle of the 19th century, its intuitive appeal was so great that Charles Darwin immediately seized upon it as one of the finest examples of evolution by means of natural selection. Even today, mimicry is often used as a prime example in textbooks and in the popular press as a superlative example of natural selection’s efficacy. Moreover, mimicry remains an active area of research, and studies of mimicry have helped illuminate such diverse topics as how novel, complex traits arise; how new species form; and how animals make complex decisions.

The sad thing is that I read the first few words seriously before my brain changed gears and realized you were mimicking again.... :lol:

3 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Could just be the same member on two different boards?

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Your guess is as good as mine.  If you read the copied responses, I just think he decided to be silly.  I think it's weird, but to each his own I suppose.

he couldn't  spell the one sentence correctly, to say the same member on 2  boards would suggest originality, ,wouldn't there be a couple of hundred grammar error's ? at least there was mention of admiting immaturity.

21 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I thought those were basically horror story related.  Have they branched out to basically everything now?

Pretty much. When I was on Facebook, and when someone was being preachy and annoying, you just went on the internet copied a whole bunch of nonsense and dumped it in the conversation to annoy that person. Multiple people would catch on, and the whole convo would just be people copy pasting random stuff on the internet. The person being trolled would then get annoyed as the conversation had been thoroughly derailed. Immature and stupid? Probably but also highly effective. 

2 minutes ago, Toews said:

Pretty much. When I was on Facebook, and when someone was being preachy and annoying, you just went on the internet copied a whole bunch of nonsense and dumped it in the conversation to annoy that person. Multiple people would catch on, and the whole convo would just be people copy pasting random stuff on the internet. The person being trolled would then get annoyed as the conversation had been thoroughly derailed. Immature and stupid? Probably but also highly effective. 

I can see where that would definitely be annoying.  It could backfire in a closed community like CDC though.  If people decide to stop communicating with you because you've become too irritating to enjoy conversations with, you basically blackball yourself from the whole site.

I can understand how that would be incredibly effective in a wide open community with millions of people on it like Facebook though.

3 hours ago, kloubek said:

So, instead of reading his title where he directs his post to his "friends", you decided to write an unnecessary post that almost everyone will think makes you look like a d*ck?

Well if Pat Kane has taught us anything it is that people from Buffalo are trash....

JK SabreFan1  :P

Archived