The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] What happens when Gaunce comes back?

Crabcakes

He's a stud defensively, and I believe he will be given a shot by Green, but I think Green likes what he has and Gaunce will have to perform well to hold on to his spot. Green will probably be even harder on players he knows well.

To ease our minds on Gagner...

- collectively, the FA additions have been vunderbar(gotta take the good w/ the bad)

- We OWED that family. Wasn't it his old man who turned us on to Tanev? Think they played youth hockey together in Ontario, didn't they?

& Gaunce?..He's a beaut! We'll make room for the kid. That size becomes more valuable as the season rolls on. TL, JB & TG know this well.

17 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

FYI - AHL Conditioning stint = Maximum 14 days

2 weeks should clear things up. Whether that means another injury or 5 or 6 more games to evaluate guys like Burmistrov, Vanek, Gagner, etc. Or if Gaunce doesn't perform well in Utica, that chances of him clearing waivers will be pretty high.

8 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

To ease our minds on Gagner...

- collectively, the FA additions have been vunderbar(gotta take the good w/ the bad)

- We OWED that family. Wasn't it his old man who turned us on to Tanev? Think they played youth hockey together in Ontario, didn't they?

& Gaunce?..He's a beaut! We'll make room for the kid. That size becomes more valuable as the season rolls on. TL, JB & TG know this well.

it was also gagner's dad who broke cody hodgson by thinking it was a good idea to have him skate uphill on a treadmill.

he owed the canucks a tanev. 

51 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Those skating treadmills are amazing for summer conditioning. 

from what I've read they're absolutely horrible for working on your skating. can actually weaken the stride and make players slower. 

4 minutes ago, tas said:

from what I've read they're absolutely horrible for working on your skating. can actually weaken the stride and make players slower. 

From personal experience they are the best thing i ever used in the off season. 

The incline is used to increase agility, no different than doing incline sprints on the a normal treadmill.  I wouldn't suggest solely using them but they are good alternative for building power and quickness in your stride.

Gaunce should just stay in Utica, unless the Canucks really need him. I'd rather give opportunities to Rodin, Goldobin, Archibald and Labate. But if Green is in love with him, he may join the team the way Megna became a regular last year (the coach likes him).  

8 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

From personal experience they are the best thing i ever used in the off season. 

The incline is used to increase agility, no different than doing incline sprints on the a normal treadmill.  I wouldn't suggest solely using them but they are good alternative for building power and quickness in your stride.

different strokes for different folks i guess.

And on that note isn't it just great with so much strength in depth, that we're debating wheather we're sending Gagner, Burmistrov, Gaunce or who ever down, and we don't even have Eriksson playing.

(At the moment with the way the team is swinging, it is probably a good thing Eriksson isn't playing)

And also Rodin, Goldy or even Archie waiting in the wings.

We may not have a super top line, but we have a lot of kids waiting their time. The future looks good.

Archived