The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning bashers

crobar

3 hours ago, crobar said:

I believe we are starting to see Bennings vision of what this team should be. I think next year we will be looking at Bennings team. I don't know about you bashers but I like what I see.

It's been over 5 years since I've seen the team play the way they did against Washington.

A real pleasure to watch.

It didn't feel like an impending collapse was imminent.

One of my favorite moments was watching Guddy lay out Connolly twice - looking like a young Port Hardian named Willie.

1 minute ago, Team Bagues said:

It's been over 5 years since I've seen the team play the way they did against Washington.

A real pleasure to watch.

It didn't feel like an impending collapse was imminent.

One of my favorite moments was watching Guddy lay out Connolly twice - looking like a young Port Hardian named Willie.

I believe it was port MacNeil but I agree.

3 minutes ago, crobar said:

Guddy importance to the team is not scoring,it is just about everything else he does.

I agree. Love the way he plays the game... 

But how much can you pay a guy like that? I'll up my offer... 4mill x 4 years (front load it and give him some cash ASAP)

2 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

I think yesterday was Bennings best day by far as gm.  His team, projected to suck, is winning and entertaing.  His pickups Baertschi, Granlund, Sutter, vanek, delzotto, burmistrov, Nilsson, and even Gagner on and on looked great against a very good team and chased a very good goalie. His picks Boeser and Virtanen are looking better and better.  Juolevi scores another goal in Finland, goldobin, Boucher, and Holm are all pushing for spots. Dahlen looks way too good for Timra, lind, dipietro, gajdovìch all looking great.  Gaudette is dominant.  And on that day, Elias Petersson has a hat trick and 5 points against Rasmus Dahlin's team.

I think if Utica played and Rodin scored, Benning might have had a stroke! 

Go Canucks!

I had to laugh last night when someone in the GDT posted that Benning was gonna get drunk last night.

Definitely a good day for the GM - and he has been trolled a lot the past few years - analytics geniuses mocking the Sutter, Gudbranson deals and trolling Sbisa ad infinitum, the TSN/SN/CBC 'analysts' unable to understand what he was doing....er when is he was gonna start the 'rebilled' -  as he turned over virtually the entire roster.   Weisbrod right alongside him - probably just as under-rated.

Doubt he gave much crap tbh, but it must be nice to start to really see some of the progress - and this is a team with the majority of its best young assets arguably not yet in the NHL, so it's looking like he's accomplished a pretty good rebalancing of the franchise's assets.  

#gudtransition.

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

I agree. Love the way he plays the game... 

But how much can you pay a guy like that? I'll up my offer... 4mill x 4 years (front load it and give him some cash ASAP)

I think you might be underplaying his offensive game - 0 / zero offensive ability is probably underselling Gudbranson.

You might have noticed the he has a pretty heavy shot - and he's actually had some good scoring chances this year.  He's rung a few posts - last night he had a grade A chance waltzing right into the paint.  His situational use is not going to lead to much scoring - he's a shutdown D who's job is not really to produce - but Gudbranson has certainly shown in the past that he has the ability to be a two way defenseman (12 goals, 34pts in 44 g in his +1 season in the O) who can put the puck in the net / has a heavy, fairly accurate shot.

So don't be surprised if the puts up modest offensive numbers in due course, particularly if the team sustains the kind of depth it presently has.

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I think you might be underplaying his offensive game - 0 / zero offensive ability is probably underselling Gudbranson.

You might have noticed the he has a pretty heavy shot - and he's actually had some good scoring chances this year.  He's rung a few posts - last night he had a grade A chance waltzing right into the paint.  His situational use is not going to lead to much scoring - he's a shutdown D who's job is not really to produce - but Gudbranson has certainly shown in the past that he has the ability to be a two way defenseman (12 goals, 34pts in 44 g in his +1 season in the O) who can put the puck in the net / has a heavy, fairly accurate shot.

So don't be surprised if the puts up modest offensive numbers in due course, particularly if the team sustains the kind of depth it presently has.

Who's going to stop him from getting a greasy goal?

Just now, oldnews said:

yeah, Lucic wanted no part of Gudbranson that night.

Imagine a Tryamkin Gudbranson pairing in a few years.....

I since fixed the link.

Yeah, that pairing was slow when Willie paired them up last year, but in a couple of years, that would be a fearsome defensive pairing

Yesterday was a good day for Jim Benning...Progress is the arch enemy of Benning Bashers...I have been a Benning supporter throughout,although it hasn't been with some decisions I have hated..like the 'lipstick on a pig' era (management believing they could compete for a playoff spot,Eriksson,WD etc).

The seeds are finally starting to bear fruit....its a lot of fun watching the kids make strides...

Archived