The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[poll/discussion] Quick Poll - how much credit do you give Sutter for Dorsett's revival?

JM_

Quick Poll - how much credit do you give Sutter for Dorsett's revival?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sutter has been pretty reliable shutting down the opposition, but I think Dorsett had been making his own chances with his speed and aggression.. look at last night's goal, he managed to turn an innocent 1 on 2 into a wraparound goal. I don't expect the goal pace to last, but McDorsett is playing some of his best hockey right now.

Certainly Sutter is a stabilizing factor on that line and his defensive presence allows Dorsett to do what he's doing somewhat - but I think it's time that Dorsett gets the credit he deserves.  He had a career-threatening injury and not only came back from it, he came back better than he was last year.  His rehab, training and motivation came from himself - not Sutter. 

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Sutter and Grandlund are great linemates for Dorsett.

Was just about to mention how Jimmy's selling Granlund a bit short.

Sutter AND Granny have been shutting it down nicely out there. Dorsett has been the perfect support player for those two and is capitalizing on his chances. They've been an effective shut down line to say the least.

I do wish Sutter would play to his size though, but with Dorsett always eager to play the body I can't really complain too much.

Sutter was very good against Ovie last night. His positioning and stick work was freakin deadly. 

Just now, luckylager said:

Was just about to mention how Jimmy's selling Granlund a bit short.

Sutter AND Granny have been shutting it down nicely out there. Dorsett has been the perfect support player for those two and is capitalizing on his chances. They've been an effective shut down line to say the least.

I do wish Sutter would play to his size though, but with Dorsett always eager to play the body I can't really complain too much.

Sutter was very good against Ovie last night. His positioning and stick work was freakin deadly. 

Sutter may not be dishing out the hits, but he is not easy to push off the puck, and the minutes he eats up playing keep away are extremely valuable.

As well, as you said, his defensive positioning is stellar. He's not flashy or in the highlight reels, but his game is rock solid. Gagner, on the other hand, is a ghost.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Sutter may not be dishing out the hits, but he is not easy to push off the puck, and the minutes he eats up playing keep away are extremely valuable.

As well, as you said, his defensive positioning is stellar. He's not flashy or in the highlight reels, but his game is rock solid. Gagner, on the other hand, is a ghost.

Not quite a ghost. He took two stupid penalties last night.

Can't remember who coined it, but 

Gagner- Burmy- Vanek "the trade dead LINE"! Lol. Gagner better get in a groove here or he's on the pine when that other ghost returns.

3 year contract. Ugh

5 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Sutter  has been solid, good but not great - He's a solid 3rd and or checking center who is still over paid for what he does. If he was making 3 mil per year, perfect.

He's never really been expected to put up numbers, it's just not his game.

His salary is fair considering the job he does and the fact he has to pay the additional insurance policy on his huge balls. Rumour has it they're gold plated

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Not quite a ghost. He took two stupid penalties last night.

Can't remember who coined it, but 

Gagner- Burmy- Vanek "the trade dead LINE"! Lol. Gagner better get in a groove here or he's on the pine when that other ghost returns.

3 year contract. Ugh

Good point. Including that totally unnecessary penalty for skating up to that dunce cap Smith-Pelly after he crashed the net.

Honestly, I'd rather see Eriksson out there. Seeing as how he barely got a chance to get things going this season before Tanner Ass pulled a douche move, it would be great to see if Loui can get things going.

If not, package him up with Gagner and remove the dead weight from this freight train! 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Good point. Including that totally unnecessary penalty for skating up to that dunce cap Smith-Pelly after he crashed the net.

Honestly, I'd rather see Eriksson out there. Seeing as how he barely got a chance to get things going this season before Tanner Ass pulled a douche move, it would be great to see if Loui can get things going.

If not, package him up with Gagner and remove the dead weight from this freight train! 

That package is 9 Mil per year for 3 and 5 more years....who in their right mind is taking that package. Get real man.

Archived