The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MODS please delete (Reinhart not eligible)

darkpoet

Saw that Garrison was put on waivers today and someone had written an article about us possibly reacquiring him.
I totally disagree with that.

The interesting thing is they also put Griffin Reinhart on waivers (AHL/conditioning stint) and he is waiver eligible. 
That makes things a bit more interesting. He's right in the wheelhouse as far as age for our team (23) is a big kid at 6'4" 215 lbs, and is from West Van.
Benning seems to be stockpiling former 1st round picks that haven't quite panned out elsewhere.Yup, he went 4th overall in 2012.

Some interesting info here regarding the eye test vs. fancy stats, etc.

https://www.knightsonice.com/2017/9/26/16363284/in-defense-of-defensemen-griffin-reinhart

Would you guys pull the trigger? 

I didn't realize that Reinhart was on waivers. I like that he's from here, he's got size and only 23. But he doesn't have stats to brag about. Is he more of a defensive Dman? I say why not? Edler and Wiercioch are gone after this year and Hutton could be trade bait.

1 minute ago, EBataleon said:

If we hadn't picked up Pouliot, sure. Is he better than what we currently have? At this point, when we have Stecher and Edler back, Pouliot/Biega are our 7/8. Does Rienhart bump either of them?

The bigger question is, is he better than what we have on the farm right now to replace Edler and Stech for the next month?

Does he bump Biega? Weirdcrotch? Hutton?

It's worth a shot IMO. It costs you nothing and you can plug him in place of Biega just to see what you've got, because you never know.... at worst when the team gets healthy you send him down. If you lose him, you lose him.

win/win 

Just now, goalie13 said:

According to Friedman, he's not on waivers, just going down for a conditioning stint.

Elliotte FriedmanVerified account @FriedgeHNIC
FollowingFollowing @FriedgeHNIC
More

Reinhart is going to AHL Chicago on a conditioning stint. He is listed on the AHL transactions page

He has to clear waivers to get down there first though 

Just now, darkpoet said:

Was that under the old CBA or still valid? 

Still valid.  I think the Canucks just did the same thing with Gaunce.

He can be down there for up to 14 days.  At that time they either have to bring him back or put him on waivers.

• -AJ- locked this topic

Archived