The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canadiens fans give Price "bronx cheer"..again...

Roberts

11 hours ago, BananaMash said:

If Price decided to go full Patrick Roy on Montreal I'd probably pee myself.

They haven’t won a cup since Roy walked out on them. He stole them 2 cups in 1986 and 1993. They really haven’t been the same since. Without Price they’d be an average team at best. 

28 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Which teams meet all of this criteria?

A) Have the assets to trade for Price

B] Have the cap space (and internal salary space) to trade for Price 

C) Are a Stanley Cup contender

Lol Toronto and Edm have the assets to make it work how gross would that be?

You have to figure if MTL dumps price they are going full rebuild which would take the sting out of taking a cap dump in order to make the deal work and maximize return of young assets.

Also I don't think being a contender should necessarily be part of the criteria as Price has carried that pathetic team almost perennially into the playoffs.

27 minutes ago, hammertime said:

You have to figure if MTL dumps price they are going full rebuild which would take the sting out of taking a cap dump in order to make the deal work and maximize return of young assets.

Also I don't think being a contender should necessarily be part of the criteria as Price has carried that pathetic team almost perennially into the playoffs.

Good points, but I'd say that Montreal would have to eat part of the contract if he is actually traded.

15 hours ago, hammertime said:

I don't think Toronto or Edmonton are in the market for goalies though.  They both seem fairly happy with their netminders, who are both much, much cheaper than Price.

Just trying to think if anyone else would be interested.

15 hours ago, Canuck_In_Paradise said:

They don't deserve him if that is the case. What do they really expect him to do, score the goals?! C'mon, you need to score to win, even if you have one of the best goalies in the game. The forwards are letting him down hard!

Amen to that!

15 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

They haven’t won a cup since Roy walked out on them. He stole them 2 cups in 1986 and 1993. They really haven’t been the same since. Without Price they’d be an average team at best. 

no they'd be well below average. He's the only thing standing between Bergevin and unemployment. 

On 10/28/2017 at 11:51 AM, Rosalie73 said:

Carey Price is 30-year-old. He wants to win a Stanley Cup rather sooner than later. It's normal. He probably doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding process in Montreal. Who can blame him for wanting to be part of a Stanley Cup contender? Yes, the Habs fans should be careful with the way they treat Carey Price. The Habs already look awful, imagine without Price!

If I were gm of Montreal the first thing I would do is start seeing what I could get for price and Weber . 

They need to rebuild and those are two fine pieces to get started on your youth program

It would hurt have fans like hell but that is what needs to be done 

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Winnipeg would work well if ownership realized that playoff revenue would more than make up for Price's salary.  Vegas also has the assets to make a move if they're still contending later on in the year.

I think they're in the playoffs for sure. Bettman has their backs so..

But would they roll the dice on Price is the question?

This is nothing compared to what Luongo went through in 2012...

First of all, Price has never carried Montreal to a Stanley Cup Final. Luongo did. 

Although, I think you can argue Price has been as "elite" for Montreal as Luongo was during his tenure here for Vancouver... but doesn't change the fact, he's never been able to carry his team to a SCF. He's definitely overrated. 

In 2012, 80th game of the season the Canucks faced the Ducks and Luongo had a bad game and exited the game after giving up 4 goals (a game we ended up winning anyway). The crowd started to boo and cheer loudly when Cory Schneider came on... this is on the verge of Luongo leading the team to back to back president trophies. Yet these classless scumbag POS's at the game had the audacity to boo... that's probably the most embarrassing moment as a Canucks fan for me. Thinking of it makes me want to vomit.

Also Luongo was coming off a 928% year... still posted 919% that 2011/12 season. Price on the other hand is coming off a 923% and has an atrocious 883% this year. 

Not to say I would boo Carey if a I was a Habs fan... I %100 wouldn't and I would stand by his side. But this is really nothing compared to what Luongo went through here. Vancouver has way more classless pigs in the city and the stands than Montreal does. 

Price pretty much just got a buyout proof contract and he's gonna be making 10.5 million over the next 8 years... he's clearly just in chill mode now that he's got paid. Can't blame him. 

Archived