The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers looking for scoring on the wing

9 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Oilers get the best player, we don't retain anything.  Tanev is certainly no cap dump.  The other two are better than those 'Coil scrubs as well.  Ugh, why are people so infatuated with the Strome Bust Brothers? 

HW, Strome? Just 2.5 mill for a body..no expectations there, but Oil prob wanna dump him. Move on completely from Eberle's return, and his AAV(they couldn't handle anyhow). Be nice that they're all young players, I guess.

Just threw this together spontaneously. Recalling how highly touted JP was(the big-3) at that draft; I honestly don't know if Chia would chance dealing him(especially in Division).

OTOH, with McD/Drai big bucks kicking in next season, one can see the incentive we'd be offering them here(spring runs 2018~2020).

If Puhl developed even near his potential, our fwds would be set for a decade.

18 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

^Above deal gives us 2 highly acclaimed top-5's from last yr's vaunted draft class.

Juolevi & Puhl could be an amazing Finnish-combo.

For 3 yrs of Chia getting Tanev at a bargain-basement 2.5 mill AAV, might he gamble a potential young star fwd? They also need wings, so we give 2 who are rolling pretty well lately, in Baer & Dorsett.

Khaira is a local kid, who'd promote well amongst local Indo-Cdns. Fit in on checking line(with some size).

Strome is a hit/miss project, that just reminds Coiler fans of losing Eberle.

Where do you see this? 

I have a feeling Benning has/is in touch with his old boss. But I think if/when a trade for Puljujarvi happens, it will take some time. Like a few of you have stated, the looming big salaries coming in the near future will provide pressure for Chiarelli to get something done. Please let a deal with the Coil happen. If Benning can get the better of Jim Rutherford (in the Pouliot and Sutter trades) imagine what he could do to Chiarelli. I really really really really really REALLY want this.

On 11/14/2017 at 4:29 PM, Alexandre said:

I have a feeling Benning has/is in touch with his old boss. But I think if/when a trade for Puljujarvi happens, it will take some time. Like a few of you have stated, the looming big salaries coming in the near future will provide pressure for Chiarelli to get something done. Please let a deal with the Coil happen. If Benning can get the better of Jim Rutherford (in the Pouliot and Sutter trades) imagine what he could do to Chiarelli. I really really really really really REALLY want this.

I would be shocked if something like that happens, but I can see the OIL making a deal for one of their young guys to a team in the east.For now the Oil have Cammalleri for s short term fix and may have something  bigger coming, just hope it is not us as we do not have what they want unless it is a D man plus and they might want Jake so NO to that!

On 15/11/2017 at 8:29 AM, Alexandre said:

any trade involving jb getting the better of chiarelli would have to begin with juolevi. even with juolevi's recent uptick, juolevi likely not enough for the oil. so he would have to be very crafty in order to get the better of chiarelli. anyway, trades of that nature are no longer made; gone the way of the dodo bird, helmutless players and wide open games . . . and cam neely

5 hours ago, granpappy said:

any trade involving jb getting the better of chiarelli would have to begin with juolevi. even with juolevi's recent uptick, juolevi likely not enough for the oil. so he would have to be very crafty in order to get the better of chiarelli. anyway, trades of that nature are no longer made; gone the way of the dodo bird, helmutless players and wide open games . . . and cam neely

Genius Garth Snow has had no trouble fleecing him.  Twice.

On 2017-11-01 at 9:54 AM, flickyoursedin said:

Granlund and Tanev for Pulj a cap dump and a 1rst rounder

Have you seen our defence without Tanev???

Big no to trading Tanev or Gudbranson. Edler or Hutton would be ok. 

Until we get some Right Handed replacements. Chatfield doesn't seem to be ready to make the jump. Subban has 1 point in 9 games. 

The organization is pretty weak on RHD, and it didn't help we just let Carl Neill walk. (Does anyone know why that happened?)

12 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Have you seen our defence without Tanev???

Big no to trading Tanev or Gudbranson. Edler or Hutton would be ok. 

Until we get some Right Handed replacements. Chatfield doesn't seem to be ready to make the jump. Subban has 1 point in 9 games. 

The organization is pretty weak on RHD, and it didn't help we just let Carl Neill walk. (Does anyone know why that happened?)

have you seen dahlin and can you imagine what our defence would be like with him?

On 2017-11-14 at 7:29 PM, Alexandre said:

Lol what kind of animal is that?

Archived