The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers looking for scoring on the wing

8 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

PC did sign Loui in Boston, so he knows the history and clearly likes him as a player. LE could pair with LD, or even help to stabilize a 3rd line too. LE simply gives the Oilers more options than RNH does to build better lines. Are you sold yet? 

He traded for him. There is no chance the oilers trade RNH for LE. 

I'm sure RNH will be traded, likely in the off-season but I'm positive it won't be for Loui.

18 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

He traded for him. There is no chance the oilers trade RNH for LE. 

I'm sure RNH will be traded, likely in the off-season but I'm positive it won't be for Loui.

I seriously doubt JB would want RNH, although I do think that’s a good move for the Oilers.  Loui could play the defensive side of the puck with either McDavid or Draisaitl.  It would allow Draisatl to lay centre too, giving the Oilers two viable offensive lines.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I don’t get how the Oilers can go from scoring a ton of goals to needing a scoring winger?

Nor I. I looked at their lineup at the start of the season (end of last, actually) and they looked in good shape.  Their preseason was really quite good and it looked like it was all coming together.  So I figured - heck, they might not have the best D but man they are gonna put up the points.

But as soon as the season started, not so much. I don't understand it, but somehow they are STILL underperforming.  Probably the only team that could manage that with McJesus.  They wouldn't even be in this position if they didn't get rid of Hall, but I guess their defense really was so bad they needed to do something to address it. 

Still, I think they should have enough current forward scoring depth that they really should NOT be sitting with the lowest goals for in the league.  It's just mind boggling. There is something we're all missing.  Maybe after a couple of losses the whole team freaked out and are now playing scared.  I just don't get it.

3 hours ago, Butters Stoch said:

So stoked to watch the Oilers get fleeced again. 

As much as I love seeing Edmonton lose in trades and on the ice, I would rather them win enough to be competitive and not get another high draft pick. For whatever reason they have the best luck when it comes to bottoming out and getting  high picks and I can't take another year of seeing grade A talent go to them to just fade away.

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Chiarelli on Kassian-

"Kassian is a veteran, and his game has gone AWOL. He isn’t banging or net-crashing, and if he’s not doing that he may as well not dress."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/chiarelli-looking-internal-external-help-struggling-oilers/

Please Kass, tell me you're not off the wagon. Keep your life together guy. Hockey second, life first. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

I seriously doubt JB would want RNH, although I do think that’s a good move for the Oilers.  Loui could play the defensive side of the puck with either McDavid or Draisaitl.  It would allow Draisatl to lay centre too, giving the Oilers two viable offensive lines.  

If you think we could get rid of Loui Erikkson and his contract to Edmonton for RNH and you think it would be a good move for the Oilers you are crazy.  No way.  We will be buying Loui out or packaging him with a draft pick or prospect for that contract.

9 minutes ago, Kanuck_Krazy said:

If you think we could get rid of Loui Erikkson and his contract to Edmonton for RNH and you think it would be a good move for the Oilers you are crazy.  No way.  We will be buying Loui out or packaging him with a draft pick or prospect for that contract.

The Oilers need a top six winger who plays the defensive side of the puck.  Loui and RNH have the same Cap hit.  I don’t think JB would ever trade for RNH though.  

On 10/28/2017 at 8:01 PM, luckylager said:

Edmonton is just so needy, what a spoiled princess of a team.

We need a coach, we need D, we need a goalie, we need 4 first overall picks in 6 years, we need to trade our two best wingers, we need big wingers to protect our saviour, we need wingers that can score... We need a costco skid of diapers cuz we're a bunch of babies and can't stop crapping ourselves.

I'd tell them to go to hell, but I've been to Edmonton in the winter. Frozen hell

One of my favorite posts ever.

Archived