The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Stl Van

To Stl: Granlund  + Rodin

To Van: Klim Kostin + 3rd

The Blues get some skilled depth for a playoff charge. Granlund easily slots into their top 9 and would be deadly with their group. Rodin slots into Klims spot in the AHL and gets his needed fresh start.

I'm stoked on Klim Kostin and I would absolutely love to see what he and Goldy can do together. We also clear a contract we can use on a college FA later. Gaunce slots in next to Sutter Dorsett

Interesting idea. Kostin was ranked ahead of Pettersson in the Euro skaters list on NHL.com just before the draft.

The problem tho is the Blues have zero cap space now or at the TDL day. So you'd have to find one or two roster players for us to take back. 

55 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Interesting idea. Kostin was ranked ahead of Pettersson in the Euro skaters list on NHL.com just before the draft.

The problem tho is the Blues have zero cap space now or at the TDL day. So you'd have to find one or two roster players for us to take back. 

Magnus Paajarvi fits the bill. Guy is dead weight trade/waive him if he clears we agree to pick him up as part of the deal. Maybe change the 3rd to a 4th for the minor inconvenience.

2 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

I would rather keep Grandlund. We won that trade and he is exceeding what was expected of him. Not worth giving up at on him at this point.

I mean, there’s a reason Kostin was ranked in the top 10 prior to last season. I’m not saying I want to trade Granlund, but if we’re offered Kostin for him that would be pretty hard to turn down. 

Just now, Pears said:

I mean, there’s a reason Kostin was ranked in the top 10 prior to last season. I’m not saying I want to trade Granlund, but if we’re offered Kostin for him that would be pretty hard to turn down. 

To get him with his potential ceiling, we'd have to give up a bit more than the OP proposed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it IMO.

1 hour ago, BowtieCanuck said:

To get him with his potential ceiling, we'd have to give up a bit more than the OP proposed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it IMO.

I dunno man getting offered a young 20 goal scorer who has a defensive pedigree and can play all 3 fwd positions making sub 1 mill has to be worth 31st OA IMO. If Vancouver was on the cusp of contention and had fallen short repeatedly as STL has I'd trade Gaunce Schroeder Jensen and Shinkaruk just for Granlund lol. I'm high on Klim but there is a reason 30 teams passed on him. However (slides tinfoil hat on) I think JB had the hot's for this kid at 33 as he interviewed him long n hard. Pretty happy with Lind though not sure I would swap them one for one but that's irrelevant as Lind does nothing for STL currently. Food for thought though.

PS I don't think ain't broke don't fix works with hockey.

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

PS I don't think ain't broke don't fix works with hockey.

It does though when you're actually building a core for a team that has been on the wrong side of ,500 for too long. I'm not saying not to trade him ever, I'm just saying what we have now is working right now. Leave it be until otherwise.

Archived