The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

22 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Undeserved fate in this one. We out shot them, outhit them, and outplayed them, but could not capitalize. Bit of bad luck involved too. Nothing to complain about, the Canucks were great in this game!

We got our weekly allotment of bounces in that Washington game it seems :unsure:

Ah well, as you said, nothing to complain about.  If the Canucks can consistently play like this, they'll win more games than they lose.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Leafs lose again, outshot over 2:1.  A reasonably satisfying night of hockey.

And with all those empty seats in Florida in a rival match up against Tampa Bay, it looks like time to move em - was satisfying too.

1 minute ago, xereau said:

I can't believe I just complimented the Sedins on their short shift discipline just last game.

That OT shift was bollocks.

There should never be a time when either one of them is the last man back.  Also, if they are going to get ice time in OT it should not be together and definitely not with Hutton as their d-man.  Surprised we didnt lose the game there.  Oh well good effort at least we got a point.

I can understand everyone feeling disappointed in not winning the game, but if you like to be entertained then you should be beaming! 

If that is the type of hockey this team is going to dish up then we should all feel excited, its going to be a great year, you live by the sword and you die by the sword, truely fun to support. Game could have been different many times over, no what ifs....just enjoy the ride.

Compared to the absolute garbage we have endured these past few seasons this is so much more appealing.

Time to go dance a jig (win lose or draw)

That was one fantastic game of hockey. Top notch entertainment. I thought Marky looked great tonight, even if he was scaring the crap out of me. He looked so confident and was playing an athletic, aggressive game.

Bulldog had a hell of a game. Gotta respect that guy, he does what ever is asked of him. If he needs to lead Utica he does. If he needs to watch from up top he does. When it's time to play he jump onto the ice and provides exactly what he needs to. He, to me, is the perfect teammate and 7th defensemen in hockey. Love it.

Also loved Granlunds game. It has been incredible to see the progression in his game since we acquired him. Outstanding for checking and defensive play and then can make beauty plays offensively when ever he has the chance. He is currently my favorite player on the team and tonight shows why.

Seldom am I stoked after a loss, but tonight I'm stoked for our boys. If it weren't for Bishop that game was ours by a landslide.

Anyone know what Marky was so pissed about after the game ended?  I can see being upset after letting it in, but with him talking to the ref about it, there musta been something.

I don't always get any post-game stuff down here, so was hoping someone here could help me out.

Fun game to watch, lots of action, just a little bad luck.

Great game - great "possession" game for Vancouver - 45 shot attempts to 25 = +20 corsi as a group 5 on 5 and 65-39 in all situations (+26) - and the shots told the story - the Canucks had countless very good scoring chances, more than earned the point they took away.

So impressed with Pouliot - have not seen a single instance of this story that he is a liability defensively - he was great tonight - the ice was tilted severely with his pairing out there - really uses his skating effectively without the puck, he's compact/solid enough to win his share of puck battles, moves it well and decisively and has maintained very good, responsible positioning.   Couldn't be more convinced that that will prove to be a great move.

Archived