The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hitchcock sings high praises on Canucks

cuporbust

It is really something to watch right now. The players have bought in and damn is it fun brand of hockey to watch with the system in place.  Right now I am 100% in support of Coach Green, TL & Benning.  

I am glad I got some free and cheap tix for games early this season because if this keeps up...those seats will fill. 

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

Plus 1 for the best username on CDC. It truly is cup or bust this year. Hitch's comments further solidify that this team is a Cup Contender. 

So if they don't win the cup this year, blow it up and start again?

Call me crazy, but I thought they were still building for the future.

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

Plus 1 for the best username on CDC. It truly is cup or bust this year. Hitch's comments further solidify that this team is a Cup Contender. 

Lol. Thanks Apollo. Yeah they have all the tools to be a contender this year it seems. Now all those media members that didnt understand what Benning was doing can finally shut their mouths for a while. 

At the beginning of the season I believe the odds of the Canucks winning the Cup this year was below 1%. Most so-called experts have them finishing near dead last again. I don't think so. I knew Coach Green would be a breath of fresh air, but this is turning out better than I expected. I certainly don't expect them to win the Cup this year, but I think they can make the playoffs if they keep up the effort. Health will decide how far they go, but Benning adding depth this year will help.

3 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Lol. Thanks Apollo. Yeah they have all the tools to be a contender this year it seems. Now all those media members that didnt understand what Benning was doing can finally shut their mouths for a while. 

They can, and should!! But will they?  That's why I'm glad it's only a matter of time for idiots like botchturd, and the two talking heads at that crappy radio station.  

2 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

They can, and should!! But will they?  That's why I'm glad it's only a matter of time for idiots like botchturd, and the two talking heads at that crappy radio station.  

Yep. I was flabergasted when the tsn pannel gave the Canucks the lowest grade on free agent day. They basically said they still expected the canucks to be terrible. I said they were mornons then , and I'm still saying it now. 

I guess I'm not the only one feeling pretty positive after a loss. The last half of that game reminded me of game 1 vs. Edmonton. Very playoff-like feel. 
If not for Bishop, it could have been a very different story. Now we know what it feels like when other teams have to face Nilsson. They are basically the same size.

To come out and play a game like that, with Edler, Stecher, Eriksson and Boeser out. That's something. 

Agreed they've been exciting, & I'm very proud of these guys so far.

There's a few teams that seem like trouble. Watching the Jets the other day, appears a team that'd be a real hand-full for Van. Not sure if we can run with such a big, fast & skilled club, just yet.

Gaunce will help, but I'd like to see more size & speed integrated.

From perhaps 2019~onwards, lots of rival fans will likely be shocked by how dramatically we improve, & quickly climb to be near the top.

I think they'll surprise some (a lot) of people this year, and then next year Goldobin, Juolevi and Dahlen may make the team. Maybe even Pettersson and Demko. They'll be even better next year I think. Compared to EDM, this Canucks rebuild was quick.

34 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Agreed they've been exciting, & I'm very proud of these guys so far.

There's a few teams that seem like trouble. Watching the Jets the other day, appears a team that'd be a real hand-full for Van. Not sure if we can run with such a big, fast & skilled club, just yet.

Gaunce will help, but I'd like to see more size & speed integrated.

From perhaps 2019~onwards, lots of rival fans will likely be shocked by how dramatically we improve, & quickly climb to be near the top.

I'm truly excited for the future of this team. James Elmer Benning is building a complete team. We have some great prospects coming along and with Travis Green at the helm, there's no reason we can't be a true playoff contender in the next 2-3 years. I just hope Tryamkin comes back at the end of his deal. I think the new system and coaching would really allow him to flourish.

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

Hey guys. Found this comment from Hitch encouraging. I , like most of the league , am shocked at how good our team looks. I knew they would be better , but this is beyond my expectations. A pleasant suprise. 

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/report-stars-hitchcock-makes-surprising-comments-about-canucks

Screenshot_2017-10-31-10-02-18-1.png

i dunno

i may be reading in to your post and hitchcock's comments a bit

but this is an awful lot of excitement for the megna call up in my view :wub:

Yes, a great compliment from a pretty good coach - and something (maintaining the team game and systems) not to lose sight of in the wake of recognition.

The Van media will probably be the last to wake up.

Nice to see a shift in the fanbase - where there isnt' quite the level of whinge there was recently when the team does something like leave Goldobin in Utica to incubate, while recalling a different, serviceable depth forward.

Green though has been as advertised / has made a great transition himself (and not really that surprising based on his track record).

But regarding last night's game - that was impressive on a lot of levels and therefore Hitchcock's comments are not surprising.  Dallas is a good team - a much deeper team than they were last year, with some very dangerous additions to an already lethal scoring group.   Dallas did not have an 'off night ' - that was a solid performing, very good team that the Canucks nevertheless had a slight step on overall. 

Anyhow, never fun to lose a game (consolation comments are nice and all), but nothing to complain about in the team's performance, which matters more at this point in any event.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Yes, a great compliment from a pretty good coach - and something not to lose sight of in the wake of recognition.

The Van media will probably be the last to wake up.

Nice to see a shift in the fanbase - where there isnt' quite the level of whinge there was recently when the team does something like leave Goldobin in Utica to incubate, while recalling a different, serviceable depth forward.

But regarding last night's game - that was impressive on a lot of levels and therefore Hitchcock's comments are not surprising.  Dallas is a good team - a much deeper team than they were last year, with some very dangerous additions to an already lethal scoring group.   Dallas did not have an 'off night ' - that was a solid performing, very good team that the Canucks nevertheless had a slight step on overall. 

Anyhow, never fun to lose a game (consolation comments are nice and all), but nothing to complain about in the team's performance, which matters more at this point in any event.

The big difference is Green gave Megna 7 shifts. Stingy to say the least, but also appropriate. But its also just a very small part of the picture now too, its background noise compared to how much more fun the team is to watch. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

The big difference is Green gave Megna 7 shifts. Stingy to say the least, but also appropriate. But its also just a very small part of the picture now too, its background noise compared to how much more fun the team is to watch. 

That is a lot easier to do when you have Granlund, Dorsett, Burmistrov, Vanek, Gagner, and Virtanen either healthy or added.

Archived