The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In honor of Halloween, what is/was your favorite Chocolate Bar(s)?

Tre Mac

Favorite Chocolate Bar(s)  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think that was the great part of trick or treating in the 70's. Both my Brother and I had pillowcases stuffed with candy by the end of going around the block. There was so much  candy there was no way to eat it except over a few days. 

wait a minute you told me you were old ? I was done the trick or treat thing by 1970 (10 yrs old) on to bigger things like rotten egg fights , shoe polish smearing    you know all the things you'd go to jail for nowadays  :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, chon derry said:

wait a minute you told me you were old ? I was done the trick or treat thing by 1970 (10 yrs old) on to bigger things like rotten egg fights , shoe polish smearing    you know all the things you'd go to jail for nowadays  :ph34r:

Born 1967. I was Trick or Treating up until 1979. In the 80's just decorated the house and gave out candy and kept the troublemakers away. Although there was 16 year olds that dressed up and were over 6' tall, so I just gave them candy and they went on their way. They didn't even try and wreck my Jack O' Lantern. :)

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Born 1967. I was Trick or Treating up until 1979. In the 80's just decorated the house and gave out candy and kept the troublemakers away. Although there was 16 year olds that dressed up and were over 6' tall, so I just gave them candy and they went on their way. They didn't even try and wreck my Jack O' Lantern. :)

I got 8 yrs on ya  ruperts a lot tamer than it was, the  whole town used to dred Halloween back then , BAD. they used to have a huge bonfire on one of the baseball fields and give out hotdogs , candy until some wise a$$ threw a box 22 shells into the fire:picard: so that ended that party, now kids don't even trick or treat so much anymore everything is held at the gym at the arena  haunted house ,candy fireworks , way safer

3 minutes ago, chon derry said:

I got 8 yrs on ya  ruperts a lot tamer than it was, the  whole town used to dred Halloween back then , BAD. they used to have a huge bonfire on one of the baseball fields and give out hotdogs , candy until some wise a$$ threw a box 22 shells into the fire:picard: so that ended that party, now kids don't even trick or treat so much anymore everything is held at the gym at the arena  haunted house ,candy fireworks , way safer

I grew up in Richmond and it was awesome. Trick or Treating from 6-7:30. Then when you were done you went to Minoru Park where the Firemen did a fireworks display. Then I got back to my Dad's where we'd light up more fireworks. Home by 10pm and worn out, nibbling on candy and of course the good stuff was gone right away lol. 

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

if you had an older brother who was to old to trick or treat you had fight to fend him off so everything at that point was my favorite, and maybe even threaten to rat him out for his dobbie stash in order to protect my chocolate stash.  candy warz!!!!

4427753962_3ee60895a3.jpg

Those Idaho Spud's are divine!  I like them all! 

Whoa..nostalgic thread! Coffee Crisp & Twix were pretty damned solid.

Used to walk down Main St with a huge open tub of peanut butter, hoping a pretty lass would crash into me(roller skating perhaps?) with a healthy bar of chocolate. Now today, this life is just a beer commercial...

But yeah, Peanut Butter Cups are also an addictive drug.

7 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Does anyone (other than me) remember the molasses kisses...they were always the 'dud' Halloween candy.

I also remember marshmallow ghosts.  And the little box of 2 Chiclets.

Back in my day, you rarely received a chocolate bar.

Good call...........never knew they were called molasses kisses.............used to call them witches candies

The rich people up the hill used to give out cans of pop! Everyone went there! And it was a big hill!

Archived